(Close Window)
Topic: Topits
Don't know if this is the right place to post this but has anyone install a topit in a vest before?I am wondering if one wears a vest instead of a coat and it's left unbutton will it work?
FM
Iíve never put one in a vest but I donít see why a modified Topit would not work in one.

I have built Topitís (two, one on each side) of a Hawaiian shirt and it worked fine. Please note that I didnít build an Ammar type of Topit, i.e., the kind that can be unloaded from the outside pocket. There was no outside pocket on my shirt!

Give it a try and let us know how it worked for you.
The only problem I see is both the size restriction & the fact that the vest only comes to the waist which will mean that you must toss it at a higher level than a topit in a jacket. It will also restrict the size & weight of the object to be vanished.

Good luck.
Harry
Does the material of the shirt hinder the toss?I mean it's a pretty thin cotton material.Will it have any telltale sign when objects hit the inside of the shirt?
I think Slyvester the Jester has a shirt with a suspender type "topit" ? Anyone used that before in the real world?
FM
The shirt is really fairly heavy cotton. Not the flimsy rayon often seen. However, movement can be discerned when a heavy object (like a deck of cards) is tossed. Body positioning (a slight turn toward the side) and the misdirection of the moment of vanish will cover most angles. I vanish fairly light objects into it. Egg from egg bag for example, a ball from the cups and balls, and the like. No bottles or bricks!

I also have a Topit sewn into a waistcoat (Bolero) style tuxedo jacket. Allen is right about the angle of toss being different. But then I always aim for the armpit! Imagine my surprise when I actually make it and hit the armpit opening! It leads to another trick (a production).

Depending on what you plan to vanish a Topit does not have to be huge. I have used a man's pocket-handkerchief pinned in and even used a womanís hairnet pinned in (a Pat Page idea).

Make your self a mock-up and play with it a while. Find out if it works (or can be made to work) for you. You donít need patterns or special gizmos, just a bit of cloth and a bunch of safety pins.
Thanks Harry for the input.I'll definitely try it out.
FM
I have a topit in both of my vest. I had the vest made a little longer than the usual length and had my wife install an Ammar type topit. of course it is not as deep as a coat topit but it is deep enough to vanish and conceal cards, big coins, etc.. It really works very well, try it!
Not sure if this is the appropriate forum to ask, but what is a topit. Seen it discussed and for sale, but have no idea what it is or what its used for. Although I can guess, not 100% sure...
Junk,
Try searching in the secret sessions. I see you have 50 posts you can go there now. Get Michael Ammar's Topit Tapes. They were both just released on DVD. The topit is a great utility device. Very useful and deceptive.

Eric Falconer
Houston TX