(Close Window)
Topic: Rolling table base ideas...
I've been looking at different restaurant equipment websites for table bases....you know the ones.....polished crome poles on 3-5 legs (I want a 4 leg base) I want to be able to put caster wheels on it as well... The table bases run from $35-$70... what is your luck with finding bases...Do you recommend one over the other... I plan to build my own table tops so I can make them match but also incorporate all the "bells and whistles" such as mini-flash-pots, rollershades, spandex top for "Where Do Ducks Go"...etc... Magically, Bryan
Check ebay. They usually have different ones from time to time. I also have seen a company on there before that sold them in lots. Hope this helps.
The bad news is the prices on this stuff have jumped 15% this past year due to steel prices.

The good news is I had bought 50 units (minimum lot) before this all happen. It is the table base I use on the water bowl which you can see on the website. If you are interested in one, I can work up a price for you. They are 30" tall, with locking casters. The upright is chromed steel with a flange on top to wingnut a tabletop onto. The base itself is aluminum.

But look on ebay you might be able to find some used or look at a second hand store.
Richard,
I checked out your site...I love those Botanias... Anyway, I really didn't get a great look at the base of the table... Malloy has a pro-line table offered for $275...I am only looking for the base (legs) and the pole.... Check out his site.. I think it is the same bases you are using. My friend uses something called a "Porta-Leg"... have you heard of this? I am intrested in what you have. If it is much like what Doug is offering, what would you charge for four of them? Feel free to PM me!
Bryan
Bryan -

You might be interested in the links I posted a while ago on this thread:

[url=http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=79344&forum=26&35]Magic Café thread... Building Open Top Table Help.[/url]

Look for the links to Dancing Spring Magic Tables and Table Bases. (My post on that thread is the second post.) The base alone (no top) is $135.

It also occurred to me that these type of bases are similar to those used on some IV poles in hospitals. Perhaps you could look for used IV poles, etc., on e-Bay? I know, its a weird idea!

- Donald
You may want to go with a five star base, it's more stable than four wheels.
Bryan,
I will snap a photo tomorrow of the table base and send you. I am waiting to hear the current price from the manufacturer on these bases. I am guessing they will be in the $150 to $175 range.
I know this is a very old thread, but does anyone have a good source for these types of rolling bases now days - rolling base, pole, and flange?
I still have a source.

Richard
Look for rolling mannequin stands on line. They come in a variety of metals and colors, have built-in locking casters and can be ordered plain or ornate. Most sites also sell the flange you'll need to turn them into tables. I've seen them from $30 to $100, depending on the material.