(Close Window)
Topic: Spooky card tricks
Can anyone recommend a spooky trick with regular cards for this time of year? One source I am familiar with is Karl Fulves' Vampire chronicles, but looking for others. What's your favorite?
I'm sure Jim Pace's 'The Web' will get recommended here (thought I'd beat them to it!). It's quite a good concept to adapt anyway.
Ok, there's this trick where you have 21 cards and you lay them out..... No wait, that's not spooky, that's scary!
Check out Salsadancer's amospheric and chilling ambitious card routine, recently posted on this very forum:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=87282&forum=14&0

Regards,

Caleb Strange.
Christian Chelman has one called "Soul Snatcher". It's in his first book, "Capricornean Tales", I believe. Killer when done with the proper presentation.

Best regards,
Tony Razzano
Doing ordinary card tricks with tarot cards seems to have quite an impact, as there is the perception of something inherently "mysterious". Can always be fun.
Thanks for the ideas, the research begins...!
Wagers of Sin by Phil Goldstien. Can anything be more simple and yet so eerie? Great routine with a great presentation. Eugene Burger teaches it on one of the Magical Voyages DVD.
Are some card tricks spooky? I know we think they are, but what do our watchers think? I wonder........?

Dave.
Mississippi Sam

Black Hart
A Game of Life and Death by David Parr. Anything in Life, Death, and Other Card Tricks by Bob Neal.
Eugene Burgers Under A Tac where he tells the tale of Dracula and the Sorority girls is a great Bizarre effect.
Appears on the Steven's Magic Tapes
I believe it was on Spirt Magic.

Magickman