(Close Window)
Topic: Black tigers
Are the black tiger cards have a different coating or just a different color? ill probibly buy some anyway but I was just wandering. also do you think that there worth the extra cost?
I don't feel that they are worth the extra cost, but many people do.

I will stick with my regular blue/red bikes.
Here in my country almost always I'm sold out. I have to re-order again.

It seems to be really hot!
Yes,I don't thinks its worth the month. But its okay for card collection. One more to my collection
I got a packet but Im not convinced they were worth the money. I will keep them in good condition and just pull them out for special occasions.
They really just look cool. But, they do feel different. They don't seem to react any differently when I practice with them.
Message: Posted by: Daniel J. Ferrara Jr. (Oct 16, 2004 09:59AM)
They feel the same to me. They are really cool looking, but when you use them, it is harder to convince your spectator that it is not a "trick deck". Also, the fronts are all black and white, so color changes don't look as cool.
I have a deck simply as a curiousity. Of course your spectator would think that they are a gaffed deck. Still, they are simply beautiful.
I ran out to get them as soon as my local magic store got them, I was so excited, I now wish I would have got something that I will use, o'well... good for the collection, but that's about it!

Duxx
I think its worth owning one deck. They are great visually but when people see them, they think they are a trick pack of cards. I think the coating is the same, the extra cost is to do with the extra ink needed to print them.
...or the profit margin set by the owners of the brand.
Black Tigers are cool. They're the same as all other Bike cards but the prints are the negatives of the cards. As for as general performance, its all how you play it out. For looks, ya, they're pretty cool. But if you mix them in using regular cards, storylines, and so forth, you can have your act(s) hit pretty hard on the spectator.

IMO, they're not essential to any card technician, but they sure as heck help with building a rep... if done properly.

Sol
Black Tiger Decks look really flashy in the magician's eye but it rises suspicion in a layman's eye. However, suspicion is eliminated if pulled out in a real performance. I don't recommend it for street magic though..
I have one but I won't use it... I just think it will make people more suspicious of the cards...
The 1st edition are really poor quality and after about a day or two they tend to stick togeter like mad!

The 2nd edition are better quality then the 1st but still don't last as long as regular bikes. You can also get the "2nd edition in "classic" or Red Pips".

However, I do a lot of pub and niteclub work and the 2nd edition cards glow green under U.V light, which is a great attention grabber in niteclibs!
I ordered a set from e-bay , and I'm still waiting for the delivery , hmmm and that was 2 months ago.

iv been robbed!

Gareth.
What's a black tiger (grrrrr) :fear: deck? and where can I find these cards?

:bear:
Pamela
Hi Pamela! Black Tiger Decks are Bicycle cards that just came out and has been a hit to card workers as well as the layman.

Please click the link below for more info:
http://www.ellusionist.com/order/Black_Deck/Bicycle-Black-Deck-Tiger.htm
The quality of the cards are amazing. They're slicker than the regular blue and red. They look really good when doing XCM to.
I love my Tiger deck. I use it all the time. Havent had any problem with people thinking they are "trick" cards either. But I also show them to peeps before I start any thing with them. A lot of guys in KC use these. Most the guys around here that I know that use them have been using the same deck for over 2 months and the cards are still like new. I have been on mine for a month and don't have any problems with them sticking. Get a deck. They are worth it just to have. But spectators wont suspect any thing. It's how you present it.
I think to overcome that whole suspicion of card tech to layman, you just gotta let them handle it in the beginning. Let them shuffle it and play with it, examine, etc etc, just so they are comfy its not a trick deck.

Afterwards, commence with performing a couple flourishes followed up with a routine of tricks... nothing fancy, just a couple double lift spectaculars and a overhand shuffle here and there.

Good acting + hard practice tricks =
Successful trick + unbelievable response

Heheh, kinda looks like math.

Sol
You ought to check out Ryan Swigert; his work with the Black Tigers is incredible.

http://www.swigertmagic.com
Which do you think is better the black and white or the one with red pips?

Of course it will depend on our usage.

I find the one with red pips beautiful!
I second that rmoaleta. The red pips have something of a cool look, dangerous but slick.

Sol
Just got my first deck from the local magic shop. Haven't had a chance to use them yet, but I figured since I would be mostly working with these in clubs and bars the black light reaction might be cool to have. Thinking of getting a red and white deck for everyday work so that colour changes and Oil and Water will be easier for the specs to see and follow.
They are different from regular cards, not only theyr first look, but they also glow very magically under blue light :) Theyre great I like this pack. When I boughed this pack, I was also very surprised to find those two extra cards from this deck (3 of clubs with regular face and this tilted ace of spades), there are number of tricks you can perform with just those two cards allready :) Be creative :)
Thanks for the info ill probibly pick up a pack to try.
[quote]
On 2004-10-25 18:48, King Of Pop wrote:
They are different from regular cards, not only theyr first look, but they also glow very magically under blue light :) Theyre great I like this pack. When I boughed this pack, I was also very surprised to find those two extra cards from this deck (3 of clubs with regular face and this tilted ace of spades), there are number of tricks you can perform with just those two cards allready :) Be creative :)
[/quote]

the one thing I love to do with the 'twisted' ace is the good ole erdnase color change, as I remove my hand, I give it a bit of a twist. ;)
Many of my customers have been asking regarding the Extra Ace of Spades and regular 3 of clubs.

Do you know the answer?
You know, I didn't even know that it came with an extra Ace. As King of Pop said, be creative. Just thinking about the regular three of clubs, you can take it, color change it via three parts and freak out the spec. The change would be shifty, but done rite, itd be a blast to do.

Sol
Roy Walton showed me the Black Tiger deck and used the two additional cards and a simple colour change routine.

Like everything Roy does it blew me away!
Cool. What'd he use the extra ace for?
Now advertised in MAGIC magazine are tiger decks as invisible decks, rising decks, small decks, and soon a book of effects to use with the decks.
Supposedly, its all exclusive to ellusionist.com.

Sol
I'll try to check out my favorite supplier.
Roy showed the normal ace of spades and colour changed it into the off centre ace.
Oh really? Hmmm... I dunno. The effect sounds weak, no offense. In my opinion, the only really useful card there is the trick 3 of clubs. I could see some really good card effects with that.

Sol
I think Roys intention was just to show me that there was a duplicate ace in the deck rather than present a mind boggeling routine.
I just got a couple of red pip decks and I think they are awesome!
Oh. Makes sense... sorta.

Sol
I got the red pip ones as it is easer for the lay person to mix up there cards otherwise. I love these cards, altho the red is not uv reactive. most people I have talked to say that thay feal stiffer. I don't know. I have seen them used for coller change with a reguler deck. usaly with the white faced 3c
Poiboy:
the tiger decks do seem to have a feel like a coating on them. keep in mind that they glow under black lights. they are something different for card workers who do color changes and other effects with something other than an ordinary looking deck.
Are there any good tricks that use the twisted Ace? Colour changes seem to work better for the 3C card, IMHO.
The coating is the same I guess and they also feel the same. The color is different of course.
I don't know. I've been messing with my Tiger deck for about 3 weeks now and for some reason they feel a little different than a regular deck that's been broken in does. Maybe it's just me and maybe it's just what I've been working with them with. I don't know. I do think that I may go and get a Red pip deck tomorrow because, as Pokie-Poke stated, it's not as difficult for the spectator to confuse the cards.

Thank You
Shawn
In my opinion, compared to regular bikes, Black Tigers are slicker/smoother.

Sol
They worth to buy!
They are good looking have "Mystical" and you will look with them like real magician!
They have even invert the Deck box!
Realy cool! But buy only black and white not the white and red!
Hmmm.... I like the red and white.

Sol
I like to stick to the regular bikes, but if I were to do a bizarre or spooky trick I would bring the tigers out.