(Close Window)
Topic: Best video for SLEIGHTS
I kept hearing that Ammar is good, so I went and got his Easy to Master Money Miracles volume 1. However, I'm disappointed with it, as I thought I was going to be learning coin sleights and really almost every trick on that video ends with "this is simple...all you need to do is glue two coins together..." or something similar. Some sort of gimmick or preparation. There's virtually no sleight of hand taught on the video.

Now I'm hearing Ammar has an intro to coin manipulation video, which is probably more what I was looking for. Is this the best coin manipulation video? Or are there others? I'm really not interested in gimmicks or props, I just want to learn clean sleight of hand. I also have McBride's World Class Manipulation series, which is good for balls and thimbles as well (I haven't tried any thimble stuff, but I do a lot of ball and coin manipulation.)

I also have Bobo's book and use it alot, but I find it much easier to learn from a video.
Yes you have the wrong video for learning coin sleight of hand.

The Ammar DVD will teach you this, as will David Roth's volumes 1,2,3 as will David Stone's Volume 1,2.

These videos teach you the basic sleight of hand for close up coin magic and various routines to use.

If you want nothing but pure sleight of hand (with several varations of each sleight, no routines at all, you may want to look at Michael Rubinstein's Encyclopedia of Coin Sleights.
"Michael Rubinstein's Encyclopedia of Coin Sleights" Is this a book or a video?

Thanks for the prompt response Dan. Btw I've been checking out your site for the past month or so, looking forward to more videos. I've been watching the videos over and over, trying to figure out what you're doing. Little by little I'm catching on to bits and peices. My favorites are 3wayXing and coinvanishtrio. Keep up the good work.
Rubinstein's Encylopedia of Coin Sleights are three DVDs.

Thanks for the compliments on the routines.

I am acutally tweaking 3wayXing a bit. Someone mentioned to me that it had some simularities to Homer Liwag's Four Coins and a Filipino, so I went and read his routine. He had some pretty cool touches I am kinda merging into my routine.

When I get it perfected I'll probably video it.

Dan
nice video of three fly dan
I need to get some coin sleight DVDs, these ones posted on here sound good. Next money I get will go into them :o)
Dan at http://www.coinvanish.com has also been great help ,along with the Ammar DVD and Bobo book.
I agree. I was disappointed with the Ammar money miracles video for the same reason. I bought one; I won't get the other two.

I bought #3 and loved coins thru silk,
and the bill-to-anything talk, but that's it.

I also cannot stand...
gluing money to money
gluing money to magazine articles
Did Dan say more videos?

Oh yea...

:dancing: :dancing: :bigdance: :banana:
:carrot: :cucumber:
Ammar's Intro to Coin Magic is very good, IMO.
@Chessmann: IMO, too. :) Heck, I am going to buy _any_ DVD on coin magic..

Cheers,

Spherie
Another video that needs mentioning is
"Up in Smoke" by Paul Cummins.

Also Jay Sankey has a coins across effect using only 3 coins. Greg Wilson has a similar trick which he calls 3/4 --it's the same trick. I like this much better than 3 fly .. some input wanted
Vinny
After learning the basics from Bobo, another book you might like is "Intermediate and Advanced Coin Technique" by Michael Rubinstein. It was published by Mentzer's Magic Methods in 1982.
Also of interest is "Milestone in Coin Magic" by Fred C. Baumann. I think this is available again.
I have found that everything Michael Ammar puts out is very strong, solid magic.
"The complete intro to coin magic" (Ammar) is very good as is Michael Rubinstein's "Encyclopedia of coin sleights"

:spinningcoin:
I think David Roth's first 3 videos are fantastic. You not only learn the sleights in a logical sequence, but you also see how they look in the hands of a professional.
Message: Posted by: Michael Rubinstein (Sep 2, 2002 05:22PM)
The Encyclopedia of Coin Sleights, re-issued by L&L, contain over 100 coin sleights on 3 DVD's covering vanishes, loads, steals, shuttle passes, changeover palms, Spellbound, coin and card, Han Ping Chien, ROPS technique, Retention passes, and the list goes on.