(Close Window)
Topic: Learning Hypnosis
Now I am reading the Ormond McGill's New Encyclopedia of Stage Hypnosis. I am more interested in stage hypnosis now.
Where should I begin ? I have been looking for the DVDs that teach some training . My search ended up nothing recommended by this forum :)
Please , any recommendation is appreciated.
Hi there aamwood, I'm like you, got the stage hypnoses book by Ormand McGill. I don't know where to go to now, but I am going to Paul McKennas show soon, so hopefully I will learn something there,
j55
I would highly suggest the 'hypnotic techniques' audio tapes by David Calof. It's a nicely rounded series that not only explains techniques but also covers the history of hypnosis. he's a good teacher and very entertaining to listen to, which can be a big help when you are getting started. its definitely not geared towards stage hypnosis but he covers a variety of topics and it would probably be a good base to start from.
Lucky you all. I am in Asia. I can't attend any class or seminar. Looks like I should buy the tapes as suggested by suhbreal.
There's a book called, I think, "Fun with Hypnosis" - I'm not at home reading this so I can't check - but get it - it sounds cheesy, and looks cheesy but is probably the best one I've read.

When you get a bit more experienced get the "Patterns of the hypnotic technique of Milton Erickson" by Bandler for the really cool stuff ( once again the name may not be that exactly and I can't remember which spelling of Erickson iot is..)
Fun with Hypnosis is by far the best beginner's book I've ever come across. I've recommended it several times, but few people get it. Their loss. (It's only $13).
Thank you. I have purchased Fun with Hypnosis. Very cool indeed. But I never practice it, may be because I am not too confident because I never have any hypnosis training or class before.
Don't worry, everyone's had this problem. And, somehow, we've all overcome it.

As a side note, I've actually solved this problem. It'll be published sometime in the future, but if someone can PM me with a compelling argument as to why I should post it here, I will certainly comply.