(Close Window)
Topic: Need help on the ending
Hey guys
I was thinking of this routine tonight, while waiting for a concert. I like how it starts, but need some help on the finishing.
I ask for a volunteer with a $5 bill, they come up. I have them sign it to make sure it is the only one. I fold it up, and putting in an ash tray I set it on fire. After it burns, I act like I forgot the rest of the trick, and to make ends meet because I just torched this persons 5, I give him an IOU. I then have him sit back down, while I think of how the trick finishs. I call him back up at the end of the show, telling him I remember what I did wrong. I wasnt supposed to burn his bill.
This is were I need some help in two aspects, first off is I do not know if it would be better to take his IOU fold it up and sprinkle some of the ashes to make it the 5 again. Or, should I fold it up and just unfold it to show the 5.
Also, I cant think of how to word the ending. This is more of a comedy type thing. I use lines like "you are a very trusting man/women to be trusting a magician with your money." Also I pull the IOU out of a book called "What to do When you Scew up".
Any help any were would be greatly appreciated.

Paul
Message: Posted by: Jonathan Townsend (Oct 24, 2004 01:37AM)
A return to the scene of the crime or a second chance?
Where you get them back up, fold up and burn the IOU?
Easy enough to make that go away in a flash, and return the original folded bill :)
What if you have them check the IOU and it turns out it has changed to the five. A bit harder to pull off but talk about a great effect.
Jonathan, I like your idea. The only problem is that I cant hold somthing and burn it at the same time. I freak out, and somthing bad could happen.

gocall911- is there already a way to do that? If so what is it called?
thank you both for your responses

Paul
Hi

On the restore burn the IOU on the end of a card stab sword - Guess what happens next.

Paula
Check John Cornelius 5 minuets with a borrowed bill!
I'm sure there is a way out there to do what I talked about, not sure where though. I am working on a few ideas of my own too. I will be sure to let you know if I come up with anything worth while.
[quote]
On 2004-10-25 20:05, music wrote:
Check John Cornelius 5 minuets with a borrowed bill!
[/quote]

I know John does not do the minuet.
You could start with a 10$ bill and end with a $5 bill and agree that things are not half as bad as they could be, before you return there original signed note using a diferent method. :stuckinbag: