(Close Window)
Topic: Best source to learn card productions
I've owned Nielson cards for years but only recently actually unwrapped them and started playing with them around the house. I can produce them slowly and awkwardly one at a time from the b**k p**m (don't know how much I can say on the posting). I want to find out if I'm doing it right and it's just going to take a lot more practice before putting it in my stage act OR if I'm not doing it right and it's still going to take a lot more practice before putting it in my stage act. So if anyone can suggest a book with good diagrams/pictures or video /DVD that walks someone through this, I would appreciate it.
Here's the first of a string of recommendations you're gonna get for .............. McBride.
Jeff Sheridan
Tarbell Course in Magic
Thank you. I will look into both.
The Routined Manipulation series by Lewis Ganson.
Hi:

I first learned from the book, "Routined Manipulation" but I think there are a number of video sources that are better. I think this is one case where video/DVD instruction is superior to learning from a book.

McBride's stuff is excellent. He is one of the best teachers I've ever seen.

I hope this helps you.

Ron
Thanks for the help. I just ordered the McBride Art of Card Manipulation Vol. 2. Should have it in a week.
[quote]
On 2004-11-02 12:28, RJE wrote:
Thanks for the help. I just ordered the McBride Art of Card Manipulation Vol. 2. Should have it in a week.
[/quote]

The McBride dvd's are excellent. However, Jeff Sheridan's dvd on card manipulations was more beneficial to me than McBride's Vol. 2.
Jim
I would recommend Sheridan's vol 2 after studying McBride's set just because McBride is more thorough with his explanations. Sheridan's dvd has a few productions and nuances that are great though, but he may go too fast if you're just starting out.

Dennis
OK, there goes the budget, I've also ordered Jeff Sheridan's Volume 2 as well. Looking forward to learning from the 2 Jeff's! :)

Thanks for the input!
Cancel you sheridan dvds if possible

Card manips take time.

Their is more than enough material on the 2 nd McBride dvd
go with vol 1 first he teaches the correct way to do the back palm, the pivot and the easier perfect production these are the foundation for vol 2.

Jeff sheridan is a great manipulator- even better than McBride when it comes to cards but he is a shocking teacher.

go with the 3 McBrides first, then if they are not enough go with the sheridans.

No offence to sheridan great performer but his teaching ability on the DVDs are not that good.

David
Ok just get the Jeff McBride set. Then grow from there and I would HIGHLY RECOMAND the whole set. Not just volume 2. You will be in the dark otherwise if your starting out. Oh and Jeff Sheridans not a bad DvD to have so don worry about it. Then I hurd the Romaine DVD was good but not sure.
Thanks for the advice icentertainment, but I think I'll stay with the Sheridan order. Even if it is not a great teaching aide, it might still prove a valuable resource and a nice addition to the private library.

Wikiro, thanks for the tip about McBride Vol 1. I have a friend who has that in VHS and I know I can access it through trade or otherwise. (To just say I'll borrow it may or may not cause some moral dilemas over copyrights etc...)

Again, to all that helped, thank-you. I'm looking forward to someday adding cards to my dove act. RJE
What isa back palm?? als I wanna do is a back palm vanish just the technique please email me at: Paintman_jon33@hotmail.com
Get Mc Bride's Manipulation Without Tears and then get the Card Manipulation video series Vol. 1-3.