(Close Window)
Topic: May I borrow your bladder?
Message: Posted by: Jonathan1000 (Nov 10, 2004 06:32PM)
Okay, maybe it's not called a bladder, but the accessory I'm looking for is like an air filled rubber bladder. It's attached by a long rubber tube to a rubber bulb. Squeeze (or step on) the bulb, and the bladder's inflated. It's like the kid's toy: squeeze the bulb and the toad hops.

The accessory I'm after is bigger, and doesn't have a toad attached. :goof:

Do any of you know what this thing is called, and more importantly, where it may be for sale?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

Message: Posted by: Larry Davidson (Nov 10, 2004 09:14PM)
I believe that what you're looking for is what magic shops sell as a "plate lifter" but I've never seen a "big" one.
Message: Posted by: cfrye (Nov 11, 2004 12:19AM)
I believe you're looking for a palpitator. I don't have a source for a big one, but you might consider a vinyl foot pump for bicycle tires/air mattresses and hook the tube up to a bladder from the inside of an inflated ball (reduce the bladder's size by gluing parts of it together) or that you make yourself out of whatever material is used to make river rafts.
Message: Posted by: Jonathan1000 (Nov 11, 2004 01:36AM)
I googled it, and Larry and Curt, you're both right, and very helpful. Some places even called it a "Plate lifter and palpitator".

And Larry, they are indeed small. I was hoping for something large enough to put a slight tilt to a small table, but I'd be surprised if these toys can do it. I ordered a couple, so I'll see.

Thanks to you both for your help!

Message: Posted by: Bill Palmer (Nov 12, 2004 11:29PM)
The biggest problem you will have with the average palpitator when trying to move a table, is that the bladder will pop off of the tube.

There are better ways to tilt a table. Since you will have to use a carpet to hide the mechanism, think of another way. PM me if you can't figure it out.