(Close Window)
Topic: clear coin?
I'm working on a new effect and I need a clear plastic/acrylic US coin. Any ideas on who might sell them?
Chris,

The Vernet trick called 'Silver Extraction' comes with a clear half dollar. It's available from most magic suppliers - just do a search for it.

Cheers,
Shafique
I believe Johnson Products also marketed a version using a clear half dollar, though I'm not sure if it's still available.
:smoke:
Michael Rubinstein has a nice little effect using that same clear coin from Silver Extraction. Its on his first Knockout Coin tape. Correct me if I am wrong. :spinningcoin:
Interested parties can find Dr. Boris Zola's "Silver Extraction" routine in "The New Modern Coin Magic" by J. B. Bobo.
It would appear that routines are plenty to be found...now to find the clear coins.
:fruity:
The original routine and title is by Dr. Zola.

Clear half dollars are easy to get with the marketed Vernet version of his effect. Any dealer in the US can get them (Hank Lee, Stevens, MagicSmith)-- Murphy's is jobbing them:

http://murphysmagicsupplies.com/catalog/tricks/html/vernet/silverextraction.html

Are there other denomination coins that are needed?
Hmm, I would have a use right now for a dollar size clear coin.

Dan
Another idea for Todd, Dan?
Thanks for all the replies. That really helped. I got the silver extraction and it's just what I needed.