(Close Window)
Topic: Bluff Pass
I recently bought Adam Grace's Titantic Cards. I have't read it properly, just skimmed through it. But apparently, I'd need to know the bluff pass. I'm going to look at it properly later on, to see if he teaches the bluff pass.

But just in case, can anybody please help? What is the Bluff pass? I know enough to not ask how it's done, but perhaps you can give me some resources to look at.
In Card Finesse there is an item called the Marlo-Thompson bluff Pass.
Check out Jon Rachembauer Card Finesse.
The bluff pass is where you have a spectator select a card, take off the top half of the deck, and have the spectator place the card on top of the bottom packet. You then replace the top packet to bury the selected card in the middle of the deck. In reality, the spectator's card is on top of the deck. That's what the bluff pass should look like to the spectator.

Check out the resources above to learn the moves.
It actually pretty funny when you know the secret, and also very rude.
Also there's a move called "bluff bluff pass" which is even "ruder" !...
one must have self confidence in order to do it.

Jonathan.
Heh, it IS a very gutsy move--I've tried it and never managed to sell myself on it (although admittedly, when I first saw it done it completely caught me off guard.)
Though it's an advanced book, and not one I would generally recommend to a beginner, there is an excellent description of the bluff pass and related techniques in Aaron Fisher's book, THE PAPER ENGINE.