(Close Window)
Topic: Topit
I have known of the Michael Ammar and Carl Cloutier topit but do you guys know anything about the Jay scott Berry Topit? If you do please let me know!
thanx
Jon K.
If you have a problem overshooting your regular topit, this is the one to get.
Have you seen the cellini topit
koz
Check out suspended dimension the sylvester the jester.its a topit in your shirt..
If you want to get real ball-sey, try Karroll Fox's version. It uses the shirt tail ! !
Where can I find the Karroll Fox's version information?
The Page, Ammar, Cloutier, and Berry are variations of the same basic idea. They each preogressively make the "gimmick" more and more goof proof (tough to miss)

There is another type of topit designed by Ramon Galindo that may be worth checking out. Here is a link to a review
http://www.online-visions.com/reviews/0402topit.html
[quote]
On 2005-01-18 10:00, Scott Horn wrote:
There is another type of topit designed by Ramon Galindo that may be worth checking out. [/quote]
Very interesting !
Actually I did read a very good review in Genii some time back....wondered..and had forgotten in the meantime..

What's said here, sounds absolutely impossible..to do the Topit, with a buttoned up j****t.
Sure it could be done, but I doubt any Topituser ever would do it under fire, even with a flat coin.
Let me give a simple example..

Fred Kaps, when doing the Long Salt Pour wearing a tuxedo, got rid of the gimmick by using the Topit..but...actually he used his free hand to hold it open.. unbuttoned!

A buttoned up j****t ?
I doubt it is practical.

I really would appreciate to hear from practical users of that design, about their experience with it, because the possibilities are limited..
Does anyone know if Ramon Galindo will install the topit into your jacket for an extra fee? I took the Ammar Pattern to a taylor once and she did a horrible job.
I have seen a video clip of the Galindo Topit in action. It requires a very different motion to load, but it is very deceptive. I wont argue whether this is "better" or "worse," but it is different, and I'm sure very powerful in the right hands (or jacket as the case may be)

Go to the Topit section
http://www.magicbygalindo.com/
I've just seen all the 10 videos on his side and IMHO, it was a very disapointing experience..

There is zero deception in any of his vanishes.. :(

To do this with a buttoned jacket and use the space between to buttons is simply to telltale and almost an exposure :(

I can't imagine it can be done before any audience in the world that way, unless performing for unlucky blind people..
Sorry, JMHO...
Tim Ellis has an intresting Topit modification.
In my opinion, these video clips show how focusing on the insignificant details that only a magician would be concerned with (ie: a buttoned coat), can adversely affect the entire effect and deceptiveness of an otherwise powerful tool. Werner makes a good observation - the clips certainly look like exposure, not demonstrations. Sorry to say that is my opinion.