(Close Window)
Topic: Linking Safety Pins
Hi everyone!
I have my demo video about linkin safety pins.
But it's not very good performed.
I wana to show you and I wana that you tell me about it ok!
The link is: http://www.freewebs.com/hotmagic/videos/linklank.wmv

By the Way: Merry Christmas and Happy New Year
How big is the file?
It says it's 1.5MB but it still was going to take 20ish minutes to download it on my T1 connection. I'm confused. :)
Freewebs.com must be running on a 28.8 modem.
The linking safety pins is one of my favorite effects. I'm glad to see somebody doing it. I'll take a look at the vid when I get some time.

-=tabman
If you want to see other video, here is mine :
http://www.contato.inf.br/linking_pins.avi
I'll be looking at it later today. I'll let you know what I think. If I ever get around to filming mine, I'll post it as well.
Juan, nice job, which pins where you using?
Thanks,

Normal pins.
No gimmicks, no switches, everything examinable at the end.

Juan

[quote]
On 2005-01-10 22:05, Ziggy wrote:
Juan, nice job, which pins where you using?
[/quote]
I could not get either of them to play.
You need have installed DivX codec. You can download here :

http://www.divx.com/divx/download

[quote]
On 2005-01-11 13:01, foreverriel wrote:
I could not get either of them to play.
[/quote]
Juan!
I couldn't see your vid, because I wait a long time to connect an about 15min and then the Windows Media Player shut down! :)
NickJegor,

Nice video! My only advice would be, what you performed on the video comes across more like a puzzle, (Slightly reminiscent of Jay Sankey's Chain Reaction, also very puzzle like) you might want to think about adding something more to it; unless of course you just wanted to demonstrate the primary move of an otherwise longer routine.

Anyway, nice job!
Again, I second Jcigam. It feels like it's missing something. If I was a spectator, I would want to examine both the pins, and your hands. Too much like a puzzle.

Juan,
I don't know if this is just an example, or your routine. If it's your routine, you may wish to shorten and/or vary it. It's repetitive, and should have stopped a move or two earlier (They're linked, they're not linked, they're linked, they're unlinked). I think a good routine would have the "power of 3" to it - Link, unlink, link, close. It's ok to unlink them for the close, make sure they are aware that it IS the end.

Also your get reasy was a little obvious (to me). With your permission, may I PM you?

Just my opinion...
Thanks for the advices. Feel free to send your comments, I always want become better.

I don't perform it without say anything when I have a spectador. That parte where the 2 píns are like a X, remember ? I give to the two spectadors - each hold one pin - and them separate the pins everithing in his hands.
At the begining the middle and mainly at the end they examine everything

David, of course you can PM me. Thanks for your comments
Muito legal!!
Dan Garrett does a decent routine with normal larger metal safety pins. It's in his lecture notes.
Linking safety pins was one of the first effects I learned back in 19__. (Tabman, don't say a word. You were around back then too.)

I still like it as well as I do linking rings. It's just magic!

Enjoy!

Bob
Magic By Sander
I have found that creating your own linking paperclips and routine is much better than buing one. just try and through up some ideas. it worked for me.
Juan,
Nice work with the pins. I also use normal pins, and they act as a good -just in case- sort of routine for me. I don't leave home without them. I saw a street magician do them once about three years ago and went home and figured it out on my own. I table hop and they're the best back up trick I carry with me.
Dan
By the way, I've looked everywhere. Can someone tell me where I might purchase some Large safety pins???
Here in the States , Walmart has a good selection of safety pins in their Art/Crafts section
Heres a link to a website that you can get 144 for $6-$7 depending on gold or silver

http://www.candjcraftsupply.com/safety_pins/safety_%20pins_french_pinbacks.htm
Thanx, for the info. Actually I have a pair of 4.5" safety pins. They are the only pair I have. I like them cause people can see them at a moderate distance. Though I haven"t seen another pair that big since
Check out sol stone's dvd. He has a direct handling. Of course Pindemonium by Dan Garret as well.

Peace,

Rannie
Check out "Dreamweaver". It is another soft pin routine.

Van
Thanks for the reference to the site on pins. I have been looking for 3" pins for years. That is the size usually used for linking pins.

I just ordered 3 Gross. Thank you. Can you believe it, this shop is in Hammond, IN. Only a couple hours drive from Fort Wayne,IN.

The pins arrived today. The shanks are thin wire. They will do the job. My Andrus pins use heavier wire shanks. Anyone want a Piff Paff Poof trick? :)