(Close Window)
Topic: Custom Fan
I'm looking for a Chinese fan, the type used for Snowstorm, but one that dosen't have asian designs on it. In reality I would like to either have one made or make my own but I'm not sure who can do this for me. Anyone know? Thanks!

Cheers,

Cameron Fisk
I've been working on making some fans in my workshop. They are fairly simple to build and you can use any fabric you want. You can buy a thin piece of wood from any hobby or craft store and cut it into strips. I drill a small hole in one end and attach the strips together a small screw and nut. This allows me to adjust the tension as the fan gets older. You can also just buy a cheap chinese fan (Cloth, not paper), tear off the fabric and glue another piece in place with a glue gun or spray adhesive.

Good luck,
Richard
Hey,
If you can find one of the bigger "Card & Party Stores" or a major craft store, you can find the heavier, larger paper fans that are intended to be hand painted. We use the fan three times in the show and so I have created a simple stencil that can easily be painted in about a minute. Then, we make extras and sell them at the merchandise table. It is sometimes hard to find these but they have been a real treasure for us.

Ed
I once found a site that sold an oriential fan kit to make yourself. It was a while back. Maybe you can do a search and find it. I have so many links, I cannot locate it on my computer.

A illusion builder in Rochester, Indiana once made custome fans that opened automatically. He advertised in Linking Ring some years ago.
Try this link.

http://www.spanishplates.com/catalog/spanish_fans_1.html