(Close Window)
Topic: Thimble Rig
Is the sleight in this trick the same as the three shell game? Is it nessecary to modify the thimbles? Different pea?
Thanks in advance
Hi foreverriel many of the smae slights with the three shell game the magician can dow tith the set of thimbles and bottle caps... And sea shells. It doesn't matter what you use.

What I feel is needed is a good routine and then several extra moves so you can change the routine when you get the same audience...

I have owrked out a few extra moves with the thimbles that I don't use with the shells. I use a sponge pea with the thimbles and do it on a close up mat. The same as the shells...

Get the Osborn on the shells book and start to work out a routine...
There'a a nice move with thimbles that's tricky to do with the shells. If you're familiar with Johnny Paul's Cups and Balls routine you'll probably know the move I mean!!
I never thought of using the thimbles for a miniature cups and ball routine as well.

Well I got a few sets of thimbles. I think I'm going to need the book.

Is there somewhere I could see the thimble rig done? I've never seen it I only have a picture in my mind. Not the sleight mind you, I'd like to see the effect.
In essence, the effect and method is the same as the Shellgame, only with thimbles instead of shells...
In the old days they used another method/sleight, but it would probably be harder to do, for the same effect.

Bjørn