(Close Window)
Topic: Roughing spray
Hey guys. does roughing spray work on plastic cards?
Ryman,

Why would you want to use plastic cards? Plastic is slicker and the whole point is to rough them up...
I always use roughing spray on Bicycle cards! I don't know if it works on plastic cards. What kind of plastic cards do you use, ryman??
That's the same question I had and the answer is it does work and it looks a lot better with plastic cards because they are thinner but it is hell hard to handle the cards. try it out for yourself.
Might sound gross but: try licking the back of the plastic card. Instant Rough! Good stick, easy to break apart.
I learned this years ago.... a styptic pencil (for shaving cuts) works great as a roughing solution. Just wet and apply... let dry. Works well.
Bruce
Aldini card rough in the spray can is my choice.
I used to get the fluid in a bottle and had to apply it with a q-tip

plastic coated cards?

Why bother.

Scott
[quote]
On 2005-01-16 17:50, ryman wrote:
Hey guys. does roughing spray work on plastic cards?
[/quote]
Yes! And they handle like a dream.

I make my Invisible Decks out of PVC cards and they resist humidity like nothing else I've seen. They're great for using at a company picnic on a hot and humid day! I've been using the same deck for several years without a problem.
Hong Kong also has serious problems with humidity, and I use KEM cards sometimes. Roughing spray does work on them.