The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Secrets » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ian Rowland
View Profile
Special user
London
889 Posts

Profile of Ian Rowland
I'm a big fan of the Cafe, and I try to contribute as constructively as possible. However, it does seem to me that an awful lot of posters are describing methods and secrets in open forums. I know you can't eradicate this tendency altogether, but it seems to me to be a mistake worth gently correcting.

Long-term, this could harm the Cafe. If it gets a reputation for being 'insecure', or a place where laymen can get inside track info, it won't be very well supported by the magic world.

I don't want that to happen. I think the Cafe is a wonderful forum, and worthy of everyone's support.
www.ianrowland.com . Working Magic.
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3780 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
Ian,

I appreciate your concern and support of the cafe. Smile

While we do our best to maintain the integrity of the cafe, we do sometimes miss a thing or two. My apologies. Smile

While we do want the discussion of secrets to be limited to The Banquet Room, this does tend to be a grey area.

Not revealing Methods of New marketed

items is a given, while other methods are thirty years old. I’m not saying we allow it by any means... we do not. But at the same time, this is, after all a magic community.

Please be assured that the staff and I will do our very best to handle the matter. This family we call The Magic Cafe is very important to us. Smile
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Secrets » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL