The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » SEXY MAGIC (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mattpuglisi
View Profile
Veteran user
New York
321 Posts

Profile of mattpuglisi
The newly released book 'Sexy Magic' looks like a book that I MUST PURCHASE, but I'm reluctant, since I have not heard anything about the material in it, save for the fact that it is 'mixed bag' of magic, which I find quite appealing. I've heard great things about the illustrations.
Is anyone familiar with the material in this book? Is it all sexy and no magic? Smile
Lack of invention is the mother of necessity - Robert Nozick

Instagram: @matthewthomas00
Logan
View Profile
Inner circle
2290 Posts

Profile of Logan
Quote:
Is it all sexy and no magic? Smile

Hehehe, I would hope so! Smile

But in all honesty, I don't know the actual material presented in the book. But I'm thinking that the book presents magic very intimately and thus the name of the book, 'Sexy Magic', oh, and they just chucked in a couple of 'nice' illustrations as well to give us another reason (maybe the bigger reason!) to buy it Smile

Cheers!

Logan Smile
You've been hit by, you've been struck by, a smooth criminal.

Singapore's Hairiest Corporate Comedy Magician!
dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of dpe666
This book is a tragic waste of paper pulp. Shameful. Not one good idea. It is sad that Kaufman (a great magician and publisher) would even bother publishing it. Smile
Vincz
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of Vincz
I don't like the idea of it...
Brad Burt
View Profile
Inner circle
2675 Posts

Profile of Brad Burt
Howdy:
The book is filled with drawings of naked women. That's fine...but, the material is almost incredibly bad. Part of the problem is that the presentations are just silly and virtually unusable in any venue except Paris, Thai or Nudist night clubs. But, even there the routines are just not that good. I honestly thought that the book was a joke at first: Let's put a bunch of so-so magic into a book with a bunch of cool drawings of naked women!

That larger joke seems to be that the book is 'not' in fact supposed to be a joke!

Best,

Brad Burt

P.S., I got stuck with several copies that I will gladly sell for 50% off retail plus shipping. Pehaps someone out there specifically collects 'terrible' magic books.....
Brad Burt
rtgreen
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, Oregon
1322 Posts

Profile of rtgreen
Quote:
On 2004-07-14 11:24, BradBurt wrote:

P.S., I got stuck with several copies that I will gladly sell for 50% off retail plus shipping. Pehaps someone out there specifically collects 'terrible' magic books.....

That has got to be the most unconvincing ad for a magic book I've ever seen Smile

I didn't buy the book myself, though a couple of my customers at the time requested it. The whole thing seemed silly in the ads and the book lived up to the promise.

It felt kind of like an experiment to see if we would buy something just because of the title.
Samuel Catoe
View Profile
Inner circle
South Carolina
1268 Posts

Profile of Samuel Catoe
Sorry Brad, but you're going to have to pay me more than that for the book. I know someone who has it, and I flipped through it. That was enough for me. Heck, the pictures are not even THAT good.
Author of Illusions of Influence, a treatise on Equivoque.
PM me for details and availability.
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4571 Posts

Profile of Payne
Perhaps it is lacking as a textbook on magic, even though I did find a couiple of useful things in it. I've been meaning to make up his paddle trick but haven't had the time to do so yet.
I have become a fan of Mr. Hodges art since reading this book and have aquirred a couple of decks of cards he designed a few years ago.
I perused his two volume illusion texts at a convention earlier this year and found some of the ideas contained interesting. Had I been an illusionist I most likely would have purchased the set.
I'm hoping that Mr. Kaufman eventually publishes his folio on chapeauography which from the few pages I've seen published in Genii looks interesting.
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
whodini
View Profile
Regular user
Clearwater, FL
155 Posts

Profile of whodini
David:

Dont beat around the bush on your assessment of the book. Don't hold back. Tell us how you REALLY feel about it! lol
Park
Believe in magic!
visit me at www.whodinimagic.com
dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of dpe666
Quote:
On 2004-07-15 12:10, whodini wrote:
David:

Dont beat around the bush on your assessment of the book. Don't hold back. Tell us how you REALLY feel about it! lol
Park

I assume that you are addressing me. However, if I told you my true feelings on this book, I would most likely be banned from the Café'. Smile
whodini
View Profile
Regular user
Clearwater, FL
155 Posts

Profile of whodini
Actually David, I like that you gave your true uninhibited feelings about the book. If I would have had some type of feedback when I was first getting my feet wet in magic I would have saved a TON of money. The way it is I have a junk dresser of garbage I bought unsuspectingly. I hate to throw anything out because I always feel I may get a brainstorm and either take the parts of the junk or rework it to finally get a little worth out of it. Keep up the honest opinions
Park
Believe in magic!
visit me at www.whodinimagic.com
ALEXANDRE
View Profile
Inner circle
3024 Posts

Profile of ALEXANDRE
If you want truly "sexy magic" look for Anabelle's two eBooks.
dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of dpe666
Quote:
On 2004-07-20 12:31, ALEXANDRE wrote:
If you want truly "sexy magic" look for Anabelle's two eBooks.

Amen. Plus, the stuff is USEABLE, and really good! Smile
Zedd
View Profile
Loyal user
Germany
270 Posts

Profile of Zedd
Anabelle's two eBooks??
Where can I get them Smile
dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of dpe666
Quote:
On 2004-07-21 01:26, Zedd wrote:
Anabelle's two eBooks??
Where can I get them Smile

http://www.EyesandMinds.com
Zedd
View Profile
Loyal user
Germany
270 Posts

Profile of Zedd
Thank you!
e-man
View Profile
Special user
HILTON HEAD,SC
880 Posts

Profile of e-man
Is there at least a version of the Nudist deck in these pages?
我被烹调
ERIC HELVENSTON
Anabelle
View Profile
Special user
951 Posts

Profile of Anabelle
I guess you can make almost any effect sexy can't you? Play around with presentation I guess.

Anabelle
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » SEXY MAGIC (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL