The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Nathan Burton on the E Network (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Michael Dustman
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
1223 Posts

Profile of Michael Dustman
If you all get a chance, you should tune into E Channel on Sunday nights at 10 to catch the new Reality Series by Wayne Newton, The Entertainer. Nathan Burton is one of 9 finalists left competing for a shot at a 1 year headlining deal at the Las Vegas Hilton.

His bit tonight was the Kevin James Bowling Bowl production. If pass magic specials on tv are any proof, those will probably start flying off the shelves tomorrow.
Danny Diamond
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1400 Posts

Profile of Danny Diamond
I watched the show last night. I hope that future shows allow Nathan to show off his abilities a little better. The magic portion didn't really seem to fit into their show that they put together. I have my doubts that the lone magician will win this contest, because although he may be entertaining, when showcased alongside good singers, I don't think he will ever get the credit he may deserve. I think that people generally appreciate a singer's talents, more than they do a magician's. Most people know how hard it is to sing well, but I feel that most people have NO idea how hard it is to be an entertaining magician.
You don't drown by falling in the water;

you drown by staying there.

- Edwin Louis Cole
Bill Scarlett
View Profile
Veteran user
Vermont
366 Posts

Profile of Bill Scarlett
I agree with the comment about Nathan probably not being able to beat some of those over-the-top singers. It's hard to ham up a magic trick with the same intensity.

The winner of the show gets a contract at the Las Vegas Hilton and a million dollars. Hasn't Nathan already played lots of showrooms in Vegas? It seems like he should be able to get another contract without having to stoop to a reality show like this.

To his credit, Nathan came off as more thoughtful and trying to build teamwork, than some of his more hysterical team mates.

Good luck Nathan, break a thread!
Michael Dustman
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
1223 Posts

Profile of Michael Dustman
I think the Vegas paper has tipped too much information that indicates that he may be around for a while. According to the paper, the cast was holed up in the Las Vegas Hilton for a month and the series was taped throughout Las Vegas last fall.

Now, the Vegas paper over the weekend stated that Nathan Burton will be doing a stunt to coincide with the finale of the Entertainer where he will be sealed and suspended in a glass box over the Venitian for seven days. So apparently he is still involved up to the finale.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
I watched it also and the previews from upcoming episodes has Nathan escaping from a see through strait jacket and a quick glimpse of him doing some sort of effect with bubbles.

I had no idea he had already performed in Vegas. They make the viewer believe they are newcomers. I didn't know it was a "realty" show until the end when they received rooms, sure wish it wasn't.
Bill Scarlett
View Profile
Veteran user
Vermont
366 Posts

Profile of Bill Scarlett
Quote:

I had no idea he had already performed in Vegas. They make the viewer believe they are newcomers.

Yep, in fact Burton has been playing Vegas for over three years in "V" The Ultimate Variety Show. So much for him being a newbie who just wants to make it in Vegas. I still hope he wins!

http://www.nathanburtonandsarah.com/stage.html
Danny Diamond
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1400 Posts

Profile of Danny Diamond
In the Entertainer, they showed some clips of the contestants audition tapes, and they showed Nathan doing the Toilet Bowl Vanish. Was he the one who performed the Toilet Paper Gun/Toilet Bowl Vanish act on one of the World's Greatest Magic shows?
You don't drown by falling in the water;

you drown by staying there.

- Edwin Louis Cole
The Mirror Images
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan/USA
1980 Posts

Profile of The Mirror Images
Yes that was him. It was pretty funny in my opinion. Great guy.

Wow he looks different then before.....

Michael
Steven and Michael, The Mirror Images
The MOST Identical Twin Illusionist
http://www.themirrorimages.com
Check out our latest new effect
- Liquid Steel NEW
- MotoBox NEW
- MotoMation NEW
- Voyager
Brian M.
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of Brian M.
Does anyone know if this show is airing in Canada?

Brian
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Great to see Nathan doing well, having been one of the first to book him when he was a Junior!
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Frank Tougas
View Profile
Inner circle
Minneapolis, MN
1712 Posts

Profile of Frank Tougas
Yes he does look a lot more mature than he did on the special. I'm just happy a magician made the initial cut. Seems like a good and sincere guy. I'd wish him the best but the results are probably already out there unles this is one of those shows where the home audience gets to vote the final round.
Frank Tougas The Twin Cities Most "Kid Experienced" Children's Performer :"Creating Positive Memories...One Smile at a Time"
Tyler_Magician
View Profile
Special user
509 Posts

Profile of Tyler_Magician
I just saw it on TV today. He did a good job with the Bowling Ball Production. I also liked his cigarette vanish. Those ladies were getting a little scared when he stuck it in here shirt. I wish they showed a little more magic, but what they showed was good.
-Tyler
Frank Tougas
View Profile
Inner circle
Minneapolis, MN
1712 Posts

Profile of Frank Tougas
Well they ain't no more magic now as Nate got himself busted. I really think that since the winner will appear in Wayne Newton's show we should be looking for who he may want for an opening act and figure that will be the winner. Seems in each show Mr. Newton has a "last chance to stay alive" segment and considering he has kept singers who can't remember lyrics there may be another motive regarding this "reality" show we know nothing about. He may just need a comic or a pretty girl.
Frank Tougas The Twin Cities Most "Kid Experienced" Children's Performer :"Creating Positive Memories...One Smile at a Time"
magicjoejoe
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of magicjoejoe
Did I see Steve August on that show?
MCM
View Profile
Elite user
Minnesota
456 Posts

Profile of MCM
Yes, he was there briefly in the penthouse party scene, and his lovely wife Maria (The SnakeBabe) was handling the snake.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Nathan Burton on the E Network (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL