The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Uncercover Magic? UK (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

sugam
View Profile
Regular user
Toronto, Canada
175 Posts

Profile of sugam
Noticed this on magicweek - http://www.magicweek.co.uk/thisweek_tvmagic.htm

Anyone know any more information about this series?

Thanks
calexa
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1635 Posts

Profile of calexa
No, never heard of that.

Magixx
Optimists have more fun.....
Zac Vee
View Profile
Veteran user
Traveling the world with
370 Posts

Profile of Zac Vee
Hey , I watched that show the last Saturday, and is the coming Saturday as well, there is this TV presenter who meets some magicians, One was from France another from USA, and a couple I think from UK, they did some illusions, and they showed how it was done, and then they did some other very cool stuff, without saying how that was done ...fair enough .
peace, love and kindness.. no terms and conditions

1001 Magic Nights Blog
www.kasrani1.wordpress.com

http://www.kasrani.com/
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2181 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
Hi Zac,
Sorry that was secrets of magic. I hope you laughed as much as I did over the explinations.

Matt
Zac Vee
View Profile
Veteran user
Traveling the world with
370 Posts

Profile of Zac Vee
Hi ya matt, I did laughed sure . It was nothing near what I expected .
peace, love and kindness.. no terms and conditions

1001 Magic Nights Blog
www.kasrani1.wordpress.com

http://www.kasrani.com/
rvigon
View Profile
Loyal user
uk
266 Posts

Profile of rvigon
Yes that program was great all these laymen now think they know the secrets but the any drink called for rutene was very impresive expessially with what ever that drink was the old boy asked for
"No brilliance is required in magic, just determination and relatively clean fingernails."
Dizzy
View Profile
Elite user
UK
437 Posts

Profile of Dizzy
I think the rights to 'Uncover Magic' were bought by 'Sky' from the producers of an American series called T.H.E.M (Totally Hidden Extreme Magic) and then handed over to 'Objective Productions'. The series producers (Andrew O'Conner and Anthony Owen) are the same producers who are responsible for most of the magic on tv today (Derren Brown series, Monkey Magic, Magick, Secrets of Magic).

The magic consultants used on the show were Ali Cook who was 'Monkey Boy from 'Monkey Magic', Richard Pinner who was last year IBM stage and close-up magician of the year and also worked on 'Monkey Magic' and 'Magick'. Ali Bongo who has worked with 'Objective Productions' for years and I can't remember who else.

The magicians were John Archer who is a really nice and very funny guy, Kerry Scorch, Marc Paul, Loki who was last years 'Magic Circle Stage Magician of the Year' and Max Somerset who stared in 'Maxs Magic last year'.

Dizzy
KerryJK
View Profile
Special user
Northampton UK
621 Posts

Profile of KerryJK
I enjoyed it immensely, a terrific show. The format is exactly the same as T.H.E.M., but with a more British feel and with the performers simply saying they were magicians at the end rather than having to deliver the clanking "I'm on of THEM" line their American counterparts had to.

I loved Kerry Scorah's mouse production, her style suits this sort of show perfectly.
Arthur Cogg
View Profile
New user
S Wales
8 Posts

Profile of Arthur Cogg
Yes "Undercover Magic" was good and just the first of an on going series. The only problem was that I was constantly reminded of "Candid Camera". I do agree with Helen about the mouse production, the response from the punter was superb.I wish my family didn't cats. Details of TV programmes in the UK can be found at http://www.magicweek.co.uk
tache magic
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of tache magic
I liked it because she screamed at the mouse. Mouses scare women and magic scares mouses so it seemed like karma.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Uncercover Magic? UK (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL