The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Favourite magic teacher (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
michael640
View Profile
Regular user
163 Posts

Profile of michael640
Darwin ortiz , very clear and very knowledgeable
brad christian
daryl
david stone
Michael Ammar
roberto giobbi
sal piacente
gregory wilson

Oh yeah, guy hollingworth is an excellent teacher
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Boynton Beach, FL
5270 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
I've been taught my best lessons by "listening" to my audiences.
TommyTheTremendous
View Profile
Regular user
151 Posts

Profile of TommyTheTremendous
I have never seen Michael Ammar live, but his videos are so cool! He seems like a nice guy and I can't wait to meet him. He has my vote!
- Tommy Magic
Aubrey_T
View Profile
Regular user
Paso Robles
175 Posts

Profile of Aubrey_T
Cosmo Solano
Daryl
Sankey
Bob T.
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of Bob T.
My vote
Michael Ammar
gregory wilson
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Whit Haydn
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
wespetty
View Profile
Regular user
Georgia
139 Posts

Profile of wespetty
Quote:
On 2005-02-10 06:49, Aerie24 wrote:
What about Juan Tamariz?

I agree he is a great thinker, but not necessarily an exceptional teacher (when he is speaking English). This is certainly only due to language differences. I'm sure that Tamariz is an excellent teacher when he lectures in Spanish.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Daryl, Ammar, Paul Green, Dooc Hilford.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
markjens
View Profile
Loyal user
N. CA
213 Posts

Profile of markjens
So much of the teaching on DVD has to do with format and camera angles, so I am going to confine myself to those I have learned from face to face. I have learned extensively from both John Carney and Steven Youell. I group these two together because in both cases, the teacher insisted that every student get the move, sleight, nuance, whatever, before they would move on. As long as the questions kept coming, they kept teaching. Long after they should have stopped (as far as the lecture/workshop as advertised), they just keep going. I also learned a great deal from Michael Close, who if you ask me, is like a new man. He is so real and caring, and his lecture is just tremendous. When he looks you in the eye and tells you that he wants you to be the best magician possible, you believe him. My magic thinking has received a jumpstart of late due to corresponding with Jonathan Townsend. His concern for quality in magic and the thought processes of magicians is real. He has certainly turned on the lights for me. Though not many have had occasion to experience it, Mickey Silver is also a teacher who is greatly concerned for his students, and for the art of magic. He'll be shaking things up soon. I also learned a great deal from both Lee Asher and Doc Eason. In both cases I learned as much from them before and after the lecture as I did during. Doc has so much knowledge concerning audience response and misdirection, just casually conversing with him will move your magic up a notch. I also learned a great deal about creativity and magical effect from Chris Kenner. His session at Magic Live was standing room only, and went on much longer than the time allotted. He is a funny, creative guy, and realy cares about magic. Whew! Sorry for the long winded response, I'll close before I get in trouble here.
MattWayne
View Profile
Special user
Manhattan, NY | Studio City, CA
624 Posts

Profile of MattWayne
I had the pleasure of discussing coin vanishes with David Roth at a convention; he was very down to earth- and surprisingly very willing to help. I enjoyed his instruction, over any other.

For card magic- hmmm. I'd say, John Blake- but then again; some might not remember him as the former owner of Tannens. But he's always willing to help, and just a nice guy. Nice shop in State College, PA. too!

Tomasko
Matt Wayne
The Celebrity Magicianâ„¢
www.CelebrityMagician.com / youtube.com/celebritymagician / twitter.com/RealMattWayne /
Facebook.com/CelebrityMagician

Creator of, 'Got a Light?' and others.
Spokesperson behind, TouchTricks
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
My top 2 would be micheal Ammar and daryl,although the standard of teaching via dvd is improving all the time.
I tend to think that when moves are being taught the most important thing for me is seeing it from the performers perspective as this makes learning so much easier.
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10960 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Besides myself as a teacher I have to go with Brad Burt. His teaching videos are excellent for the beginner...
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Brillus
View Profile
New user
Italy
73 Posts

Profile of Brillus
Michael Ammar, Al Schneider and Eugene Burger
LordPH
View Profile
Regular user
Suomi
189 Posts

Profile of LordPH
With cards: Simon Aronson, Lennart Green, Michael Ammar

Mentalism favourites: Osterlind and Banachek
Lucas Ace

Ultimatemagic.Net
Helsinki Street Team
Norrabmagic
View Profile
Regular user
141 Posts

Profile of Norrabmagic
BOB FITCH!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Favourite magic teacher (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL