The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pasteboard Frolics » » Handlordz Motion's DVD (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6
Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
2765 Posts

Profile of Jordini
I also have a copy. I won't sell it, but I'd gladly trade it for the statue of liberty, (or best offer).
Vinnie C.
View Profile
Regular user
135 Posts

Profile of Vinnie C.
For anyone curious, it was I who offered the $2500. I do not intend to buy any DVD from him, in full knowledge that it does not exist. I offered the price on the grounds that I was provided proof of his ownership of the DVD, he provided me no proof, nor did he provide the rest of you with any, either.

I hate to do that, but that's what it took to show conclusively that he was lying to us. And now we know for sure.

Also, how would De'vo know that this guy doesn't have the DVD? He could very well have gotten it from someone he knows who managed to buy one, De'vo would have never known that the DVD passed from one person to another. He cannot be so confident that this guy doesn't have the DVD unless the DVD does not exist. Smile

-Vince
"Living is easy with eyes closed."
Hawk-Eye
View Profile
Loyal user
G'day from Australia
203 Posts

Profile of Hawk-Eye
Well, well - looks like case closed to me.

Apart from the fact that I can't for the life of me figure out why the hell he finds lying on public forums exciting...

Nice work though, Vinnie.
trashmanf
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of trashmanf
Well I just read this whole thread, I think

1. xtreme manipulator is a pathological ******bag

2. motions does exist because from the way Jerry reviewed it , he was pretty specific about certain aspects of it, that would have been hard to make up, and I don't think Jerry would do that.

3. everyone that says motions doesn't exist is going to look really stupid when shattenreich comes out and motions is on it

case closed!
Vinnie C.
View Profile
Regular user
135 Posts

Profile of Vinnie C.
Not quite, Trashman.

Honestly, we need to be a little less trusting of people simply on their word, with absolutely no proof. The details Jerry gave are NOT hard to make up, in fact he was extremely vague! No doubt to "protect the secret". I could have given an even more in-depth review for Motions made up on the spot.

Not too many people imply that De'vo doesn't have some move called "Motions", or a sub-concept called "Motions" or something like that. What we are saying is that there never was a Motions DVD, and this claim is not only impossible to disprove (because there is no proof to counter it), but it is ALSO backed up by inconsistencies and conveniences in De'vo's story.

-Vince
trashmanf
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of trashmanf
Hmmm that is an interesting point... well, I guess there is no way to really know if the DVD is real without watching it, but you could say the same thing about God right?

I guess the question I would have comes down to motive. It doesn't make much sense why both De'vo and Jerry would lie about it existing, because since it's not for sale they have nothing to gain from creating stories about it.

But hey I guess for all purposes, because we can't obtain it, it truly doesn't exist for us. Neither does the dragon in my garage: http://www.users.qwest.net/~jcosta3/article_dragon.htm
Vinnie C.
View Profile
Regular user
135 Posts

Profile of Vinnie C.
The same can be said for a number of topics; you can't prove something without proof.

Motive? Marketing. It is a genius and very profitable marketing stunt. This sort of "mysterious, underground DVD detailing a 100% original concept that is totally revolutionary" stuff is the kind of thing that'll get someone attention. And he got a lot of attention from it, him and Jerry both. Smile

-Vince
Hawk-Eye
View Profile
Loyal user
G'day from Australia
203 Posts

Profile of Hawk-Eye
Here's something interesting...check this out:

http://superhandz.yuku.com/topic/581

Testimony by over half a dozen people of its existence.

Thoughts? Smile
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Thoughts? Well, I'm too lazy (and disinterested) to read the entire thread, so I skimmed it very fast and got the impression that LESS THAN TWO SECONDS were shown of the DVD. Which proves it exists.

Actually, I'm all for this sort of thing...hype and mystery and more hype. I like it.

But does Motions exist? Who cares?

The cool thing is when all of you younger people get charged up and do incredible, NEW, creative things. Going beyond XB should mean thinking up your own stuff, don't you think?

Do it. Go out and make up the sickest, newest, most incredible moves and give them cool names and make videos...and forget about "secret knowledge" in some video that no one has seen more than two seconds of. The real secrets lie in your own hands and your own imaginations. Then old guys like me will come and learn about 1% of what you can do, and we'll all be happy.

That's my sermon for today.

Jeff
Vinnie C.
View Profile
Regular user
135 Posts

Profile of Vinnie C.
Quote:
On 2008-03-19 10:23, Hawk-Eye wrote:
Here's something interesting...check this out:

http://superhandz.yuku.com/topic/581

Testimony by over half a dozen people of its existence.

Thoughts? Smile

Consider what De'vo says:

He only showed it at the "private jam", in other words, to people who are already totally devoted to him and will do anything that he says for any reason.

Second, he didn't show any footage; no moves. I can easily whip up a DVD menu and some fancy graphics in an hour. Smile

Come on, now. This is an easy one.

-Vince
Hawk-Eye
View Profile
Loyal user
G'day from Australia
203 Posts

Profile of Hawk-Eye
I posted the link merely as food for thought. Don't take that tone with me, young man.
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Quote:
On 2008-03-26 03:24, Hawk-Eye wrote:
Don't take that tone with me, young man.

Oops!
Vinnie C.
View Profile
Regular user
135 Posts

Profile of Vinnie C.
Quote:
On 2008-03-26 03:24, Hawk-Eye wrote:
I posted the link merely as food for thought. Don't take that tone with me, young man.

Sorry, pa. Smile

But seriously, no ill-will or negative intent meant at all. That's the trouble with the internet, it can be hard to tell how people are saying what they're saying. xD

-Vince
daffelglass
View Profile
Regular user
120 Posts

Profile of daffelglass
Sorry to revive a dead topic, but any news on this DVD?
trashmanf
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of trashmanf
The concept (at least part of it) may probably be publically released on De's next DVD after XB2. of course it will likely be a year at least before that comes out, it's called "shattenreich" or "shadow empire".
Vinnie C.
View Profile
Regular user
135 Posts

Profile of Vinnie C.
Now also bear in mind that De'vo's much-hyped "Schattenreich" DVD has been cancelled. Smile

-Vince
daffelglass
View Profile
Regular user
120 Posts

Profile of daffelglass
Quote:
On 2008-11-10 13:48, Vinnie C. wrote:
Now also bear in mind that De'vo's much-hyped "Schattenreich" DVD has been cancelled. Smile

-Vince

really?? dang, I was looking forward to it.
ah well
Colin Mandel
View Profile
New user
48 Posts

Profile of Colin Mandel
What!!! Where'd you here that! It's still being advertised on his website.
trashmanf
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of trashmanf
It was announced recently in the forumz. De'vo essentially retired from public sales and performances, I think that superhandz/handlordz will still release some DVDs in the future but it could possibly be from other people. the concepts of "motion" or Shattenreich release isn't totally out of the picture, I don't think it's going to be publically sold, but a small number of members of the HL forum will likely get to see the material some day.
Vinnie C.
View Profile
Regular user
135 Posts

Profile of Vinnie C.
Quote:
On 2008-11-14 01:54, Colin Mandel wrote:
What!!! Where'd you here that! It's still being advertised on his website.

That info was taken from De'vo himself on his forums. He said he may be planning a "public version". But the main, underground version with his most treasured material will stay underground.

-Vince
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pasteboard Frolics » » Handlordz Motion's DVD (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL