The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Shock Value? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

theaterfreak89
View Profile
New user
93 Posts

Profile of theaterfreak89
Just thoght I'd put this question out there for some interesting replies: Which illusion in your opinion has the best shock value? By shock value I mean the moment the magic happens, it is so astounding that it takes your breath away (i.e. the rip of the cloth in Copperfield's Cocoon, the tweet of the whistle when the magician reappears in the back of the house, when the first hand goes through in Interlude) Thanks!
-Nick
"...Now lift it up...over your head..."
Blair Marshall
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Canada
3661 Posts

Profile of Blair Marshall
The most impressive illusion that I have seen live in quite awhile is the vanish above the audience in Copperfields' Portal Illusion, even though you know its' coming before it happens, WOW. Its' the speed.

Another would be the car production in the lottery routine, WOW again.

Blair
benscholz99
View Profile
Loyal user
282 Posts

Profile of benscholz99
Even though this isn't grand illusion when you plunge the needle through your arm.

Ben
MCM
View Profile
Elite user
Minnesota
456 Posts

Profile of MCM
If you never saw it, and it is presented right, the Impaling can be very shocking.

For a more drawn-out shock, the Richardi sawing is probably up there.

Again, the most shocking ones are usually the first time you see it happen, especially for the lay person.
Blair Marshall
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Canada
3661 Posts

Profile of Blair Marshall
Impaled is good!

Blair
Ms. Morgan
View Profile
Veteran user
The Garden State
399 Posts

Profile of Ms. Morgan
I'll always remember the time a woman screamed when I took the drop on the Impaled. That puts it at the top of my "shock" list. Smile

Ms.M
World Magic Award's "Escape Artist of the Year"
www.EscapeChick.com
www.illusionbiz.com
www.WackyDracky.com
jl
View Profile
New user
uk
65 Posts

Profile of jl
The impaled did used to get a great reaction when I used it. What is the effect of Copperfields portal he never comes to the uk and TV doesn't show his specials either??
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Shock Value? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL