The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Richard Osterlind Blindfold Comments? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

plainman007
View Profile
Special user
630 Posts

Profile of plainman007
Any one using the Richard Osterlind blindfold made of stainless steel. I do know that Richard himself frequents the Café here. But I'd appreceate if any of you will tell me its pros and cons. I mean is it direct vision straight or D******d P**k. And any pros and cons. Or which other blindfolds would be better out there. But I don't want to use a cunbersome system where theres dough flour and duct tape and coins and a bag etc. I think it draws away from the effect. Which is the most simple, bold, and convincing blindfold out there?
Juan D
View Profile
Elite user
482 Posts

Profile of Juan D
Plainman,
If that's what you are looking for, then please go to the books : In Annemann you'll find "the most simple, bold and convicing blindfold out there"
kcalB
View Profile
Special user
Took me 16 years to make
999 Posts

Profile of kcalB
Quote:
On 2005-02-01 11:05, plainman007 wrote:
Any one using the richard osterlind blindfold made of stainless steel. I do know that richard himself frequents the Café here. But id appreceate if any of you will tell me its pros and cons. I mean is it direct vision straight or D******d P**k. And any pros and cons. Or which other blindfolds would be better out there. But I don't want to use a cunbersome system where theres dough flour and duct tape and coins and a bag etc. I think it draws away from the effect. Which is the most simple , bold and convincing blindfold out there ?

If you want simple or you want to do an impromptu blindfold,
I strongly suggest Blindfoil by Patrik Kuffs on his Mind Stunts DVD.
I use it depending on the venue.
I also use Richards blindfold and I can only say good things about it.
"Klaatu barada nikto"

Former Member of P.E.A.
Creator of The Clearly Q&A Board

Alumni
ECSSI
ECSSII
ECSSIII
ECSSIV
ECSSV
BizarreHauntingsI
Sven Rygh
View Profile
Inner circle
Oslo, Norway.
1945 Posts

Profile of Sven Rygh
I also own Richard's blindfold.
I got it not very long ago, end even though I have just used it a couple of times, one of which for the accid test, I must say that I really love it.
One shouldn't focus too much on the blindfold when doing the routine, but still, what could be more convincing than covering your eyes with a chunk of steel?

I use it in combination with J&J Flexible Fabric Extra large Bandaids (you won't believe it, but I had to import them from US!! Smile )and that works great!

I can not actually see any cons compared with other methods, only pros

Sven
plainman007
View Profile
Special user
630 Posts

Profile of plainman007
Hi Sven,

Will this blindfold be a problem since I have a narrow and long face. I can make a smaller one from steel sheet incorporating the same method ? But please note, I mean after I buy the orginal. Im not looking at making it without paying the creator. (just to iron out any misunderstandings).

Thanks
Sven Rygh
View Profile
Inner circle
Oslo, Norway.
1945 Posts

Profile of Sven Rygh
Plainman007;

I don't think it is right of me to comment on the method here on an open forum.
Richard Osterlind is a member here, certain about that he will give you the neccesary information if you PM him.

Given that your head shape not is absolutely abnormal Smile, I am pretty sure that the blindfold can be adjusted to fit.
All people have to do that, and it is done in a few minutes.

I hope this helps

Good luck,

Sven
Ken Dyne
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2268 Posts

Profile of Ken Dyne
I used the Stainless Steel for a Blindfolded tractor drive a couple of months back. I also love the ones offerent by Glen Falkenstein on the F+S video set, it is very nice indeed.

Best,
Kennedy
MR GOLDEN BALLS 2.0: https://mentalunderground.com/product/mr-golden-balls-2-0/" target="_blank"> https://mentalunderground.com/product/passed-out-deck/

BAIRN: Named 'Best Mentalism Product Of 2014 by Marketplace of the Mind is my collection of more than 40 mentalism routines in a beautiful paperback book: http://www.mentalunderground.com/product/bairn
Winnes
View Profile
Elite user
477 Posts

Profile of Winnes
I love Osterlinds Blindfold. It did take me a while to get used to it, but the amount of vision is excellent, and very very deceptive.
plainman007
View Profile
Special user
630 Posts

Profile of plainman007
Oh sorry about that one Sven. I guess you cud pm me if theres any suggestions. I only wanted to know if I can see direct which means straight ahead. I don't think that exposes any secret. And secondly if you search on "RICHARD OSTERLINDS STEEL BLINDFOLD" the 2nd thread which will turn up on the list has so many members discussing it with Mr.Ricard Himself and there they have even spoken about the downward peek. With Mr.Richards presence. Just adding this for your info. And by the way I messaged Mr.Richard twice too. Hoping to hear from him soon. Thanks.
Avocat
View Profile
Elite user
446 Posts

Profile of Avocat
Kennedy's response should tell you what you need, to wit, that it's possible to perform the blindfolded drive SAFELY using this fully examinable gimmick. It's also somewhat comical looking, in a good way (i.e., it looks like an over-the-top, overkill way of blindfolding yourself). It can be somewhat bulky, but it's also thin and lightweight. When I do walkaround, I still wear a jacket with a topit installed. The topit holds the blindfold quite nicely and it follows the curve of the jacket, so it's barely noticeable (by me or others) but easily accessible. FYI, in close-up situations, I primarily use it to perform billet work (you can get a nice LOOONG peek if they don't think you can even see!).
D.Paul
View Profile
Loyal user
228 Posts

Profile of D.Paul
Hello
I have to admit I use the Osterlind steel blindfold every time I do a large enough performance, I use it just before I close. As long as the presentaion is strong and you give a good enough reason for useing it, there should be no problem and it is a geat blindfold.

Darren
enriqueenriquez
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1287 Posts

Profile of enriqueenriquez
Quote:
On 2005-02-01 13:45, plainman007 wrote:
I only wanted to know if I can see direct which means straight ahead. I don't think that exposes any secret.

Of course not! You can see straight ahead as much as you want... in the supermarket, at home, at the movies... as long as you are not wearing a blindfold. Just remember that while you are wearing the blindfold, you wont’ be able to see anything. That’s the part where you use your mental powers, remember? Specially before an audience, on or off-line.
plainman007
View Profile
Special user
630 Posts

Profile of plainman007
HAHAHAH....Enrique....U cracked me up on that one. Anyway I'm well familiar with most systems that have been documented. I have read literature on it too. From downward peeks to trick folded blindfolds. Some of them can cause your eyes to burn. Some can offer only downward vision. Limiting the choice of effects that you can use them with. I hope you know all this. Richard Osterlind has pmed me a much more useful and sensible answer. So I guess ill take HIS advise and leave the rest.
MagoStevo
View Profile
Elite user
478 Posts

Profile of MagoStevo
Yeah,i just took his advice,basically,it really improve your vision,same principal if you (short-sighted like me) see thru a small hole!thanks Richard!
Never ever have bad thought,you never know who is listening....
enriqueenriquez
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1287 Posts

Profile of enriqueenriquez
Quote:
On 2005-04-12 13:59, MagoStevo wrote:
Yeah,i just took his advice,basically,it really improve your vision,same principal if you (short-sighted like me) see thru a small hole!thanks Richard!

And you really, really, had to write that?
burgerinc
View Profile
Regular user
Sin City
196 Posts

Profile of burgerinc
A wonder for the near sighted mentalist! Thank you Mr Osterlind for a way for me to include a blind fold routine to my act. I truly thought I was going to resort to contact lenses again - I never stick with them! Worth every penny!
Richard Osterlind
View Profile
V.I.P.
2213 Posts

Profile of Richard Osterlind
Quote:
On 2005-04-13 18:36, burgerinc wrote:
A wonder for the near sighted mentalist! Thank you Mr Osterlind for a way for me to include a blind fold routine to my act. I truly thought I was going to resort to contact lenses again - I never stick with them! Worth every penny!

Glad that you like it so much. Smile

Richard
MagoStevo
View Profile
Elite user
478 Posts

Profile of MagoStevo
Quote:
On 2005-04-12 14:04, enriqueenriquez wrote:
Quote:
On 2005-04-12 13:59, MagoStevo wrote:

And you really, really, had to write that?

Sorry if I sound exposing,i thought I was in IT(instead of PFYT),but I haven't got mine and that was what Mr.Osterlind told me.Sorry again if I XXXXX....
Never ever have bad thought,you never know who is listening....
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Richard Osterlind Blindfold Comments? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL