The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Best mentalism effect ever? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
ChristopherWallace
View Profile
New user
DGAF
49 Posts

Profile of ChristopherWallace
Derren Brown's 'Reminiscence' - The de facto standard by which all other Dual Reality effects should be judged.
"The reason God gave us fingers is so we could hold a razor"
Hypnotic Winter
View Profile
Special user
Ireland
720 Posts

Profile of Hypnotic Winter
I think my best effect is the one where I win the lotto, trouble is I'm still working on it.
Also a torn and restored winning lotto ticket would be very impressive too.

H.W
When your only reality is an illusion, then illusion is reality.
Harry H
View Profile
Inner circle
1526 Posts

Profile of Harry H
Ive heard the phrase "dual reality" mentioned a lot..someone please explain what it is,please?
SpAgHeTtI
View Profile
Regular user
166 Posts

Profile of SpAgHeTtI
Harry go in the inner thoughts....there is a topic.... Smile
calexa
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1635 Posts

Profile of calexa
The best effect??????

How can someone answer that question? It depends on so many conditions......

By the way, I also have some questions: what is the best film, what is the best song, what is the best film star (and what is a film "star")....;-)

Magixx
Optimists have more fun.....
LordM
View Profile
Loyal user
Portugal
232 Posts

Profile of LordM
It depends in what you like calexa Smile
And that's what I've asked.. personall options Smile
Kind Regards,
JP

http://www.joaopedroso.com
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4179 Posts

Profile of bobser
Anything done by a good hypnotist.

ie: Sven's saying is; "You never get a second chance to make a first impression" (or a 'good' first impression)

Well... a good hypnotist can always make the second chance 'seem' like the first.
Bob Burns is the creator of The Swan.
Juan D
View Profile
Elite user
482 Posts

Profile of Juan D
Well it depends...
It could be the latest-most-hyped-release from [PLACE_ANYTHING_HERE], which I strongly recommend you to buy NOW just because everyone is raving about it.

Or

You could check the history of humanity : For intance and without touching on religions, I heard about this guy called The Oracle of Delphi who did some amazing stuff and there are many, many others that have made such powerful effects that they have had a direct impact on the human kind. That's what I call a WOW factor
Lee Darrow
View Profile
V.I.P.
Chicago, IL USA
3588 Posts

Profile of Lee Darrow
Without trying to seem like some sort of a wiseacre, the best mentalism effect is the one which you perform that gets the biggest response from the audience. In mentalism this is often either "the gasp," where the whole audience gasps at once, or the stunned silence, followed by individual gasps of astonishment.

Standing ovations are good, too, of course. Smile

For me, it varies. For close up, other than my hypnosis routines (which also play well on stage), with thanks for the support of hypnosis by bobser, the Haunted Key when done in the participant's hand or Kathy's Screwy Finger Bit from Magic Manu (Jim Ryan issue) are great.

For stage, it really depends on the audience. College students seem to love Flashback. High school kids seem to love a tarot card divination. Corporate types seem to love Sankey's Memory Lapse. And they all seem to enjoy the blindfold routine. I use a Valentine blindfold as too many people have voiced the opinion that the steel blondfolds could merely be gimmicked with mirrored glass.

Lee Darrow, C.H.
http://www.leedarrow.com
<BR>"Because NICE Matters!"
JohnnyNykkon
View Profile
New user
Crystal Lake,IL
57 Posts

Profile of JohnnyNykkon
If the swami gimmick isn't working, Get a Super Sharpie. Works kinda the same way swami works. A gimmick noone ever thinks of, yet its right under their nose.
LordM
View Profile
Loyal user
Portugal
232 Posts

Profile of LordM
Now it's working. I Guess my nail was too short!
In Mentalism area , I bow to Maven , he is the man. I think his routines are killer. Simple ideas. Packs small plays big. I've meet him back in 2000 in FISM and he really knows the meaning of construct a characther. And it really doesen't matter what you do, it's HOW you do... and He knows what to do it!

Best,
Kind Regards,
JP

music
View Profile
Special user
627 Posts

Profile of music
Of course it would be the one where... (read my mind and you will have the answere in which you seek).
SteveReel
View Profile
New user
Leesburg, FL
76 Posts

Profile of SteveReel
LordM, I agree with you. While it is just personal opinion, and there are lots of great mentalists out there, Max Maven has reaaly developed his character. Like a good actor, he can be very effective, by just staring at the camera in total silence.
World music and magic
Ian Broadmore
View Profile
Special user
555 Posts

Profile of Ian Broadmore
Chair Prediction/floating Table by berglas despite many posts on here all so wrong no body has any idea how they REALLY work.
magic in mind
View Profile
Special user
851 Posts

Profile of magic in mind
Best stage effect artists impression by p.s.
rbattle
View Profile
Loyal user
266 Posts

Profile of rbattle
Bob Cassidy's 3 Envelope Test is a stunner.
LordM
View Profile
Loyal user
Portugal
232 Posts

Profile of LordM
Hmm I think I have that one .. I've to take a closer look on that one rbattle Smile

regards
Kind Regards,
JP

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Best mentalism effect ever? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL