The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Rabbit Bag Help (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

EvanMagic
View Profile
Elite user
Manitoba
471 Posts

Profile of EvanMagic
Hey all,

I just finished making my rabbit bag which I will be producing behind a "cover". The bag is made from a cut out hoody pocket, I modified the piece so only one side was sewn shut. The 3 other open sides has "Grommets" all around the pocket (grommets are little "half-rings" that sandwich the material and when hammered together, create a snug ring.) I looped a strong piece of fishing wire, and wired it through each of the grommets with a nail on one end so when I pull on the nail the thread comes undone, unwires through the grommets, and than the rabbits free!! The bunny can still escape easily, I am thinking I will add more of these grommets to make this little escape artist's job a lot harder, but I am not sure on the quick release system or if thread is a bad idea, any help is greatly appreciated!
(P.S I am not trying to modify the bag THAT much)
Magic Blinds
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of Magic Blinds
Evan,

You might try installing a zipper, that will elimate all the grommets.
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
I used to use a rabbit in my act, years ago. The trick to keeping the rabbit from making a premature appearance is to put the critter in a broadcloth bag. I made a special bag that closed with two sets of hook and eye fasteners, along the rabbit's back. The shape of the bag was similar to a business envelope, that had it's top and an end opened with a letter opener. It opened with one hand and the rabbit's head was always outside the bag. This type of bag will have to be made for the specific rabbit that you're using, because you'll want to make sure that the legs stay close to the body, so that the claws don't get caught in the bag and the rabbit doesn't get out of the bag. It helps to fasten a weight to the bag or attach it to the inside of the load chamber, so that the bag doesn't cling to the rabbit as the rabbit is being produced.
EvanMagic
View Profile
Elite user
Manitoba
471 Posts

Profile of EvanMagic
Thanks for the comments guys, MagicBlinds, I was considering a zipper, but it takes too much of a motion to open it. What do these hook and eye fasteners look like?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Rabbit Bag Help (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL