The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Ideas of effects / patter for Chinatown half dollar (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
LordM
View Profile
Loyal user
Portugal
232 Posts

Profile of LordM
Wespetty,
You're right. Thanks again!
Kind Regards,
JP

http://www.joaopedroso.com
Bob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Philadelphia, PA
1251 Posts

Profile of Bob Johnston
Mike Wild:

Quote:
“BTW, I wish the Schneider dragon coins came in half-dollar size, that would be sweet.”

I thought the Schneider Dragon coin was a silver dollar size coin. The C/S/Brass set I have is just that.

Bob
cheeto4567
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of cheeto4567
Check out Max Maven's Sinology, Eugene Burger performs in on the third volume of his Magical Voyages tapes.
LordM
View Profile
Loyal user
Portugal
232 Posts

Profile of LordM
Cheeto4567
Yeah, I know that one, the patter is terrific! But I'm tryng gather some more ideas.
Thanks
Kind Regards,
JP

http://www.joaopedroso.com
Mike Wild
View Profile
Inner circle
NY, PA, TX, MA, FL, NC
1290 Posts

Profile of Mike Wild
RE: "I thought the Schneider Dragon coin was a silver dollar size coin. The C/S/Brass set I have is just that."

It is. I have a couple custom sets from Todd L that use the Schneider coins, and aside from my U3F set, they're the only dollar-sized coins that I use. I prefer half-dollar sized coins.

I think the best feature of the Schneider coin is its thickness, or more to the point, it's "thin-ness". In my post above I was simply wishing that the coins came in a smaller diameter, equal in size to a half-dollar, but retaining their thin-ness.

Mike
<><>< SunDragon Magic ><><>

"Question Reality... Create Illusion"
Bob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Philadelphia, PA
1251 Posts

Profile of Bob Johnston
Mike Wild:

You make a good point, it would be nice if it had a smaller version.

When I do the C/S/B with my Todd Lassen Silver Dollar size set that uses the Schneider “Dragon Coin” it is always the coin that gets the most attention when I hand them out for inspection, before and after I do my routine.

I think Todd purchased all of the coins (Dragon) that Al Schneider had, so he (Todd) would be able to provide them with his gaff coins.

Bob
Mike Wild
View Profile
Inner circle
NY, PA, TX, MA, FL, NC
1290 Posts

Profile of Mike Wild
Very true Bob, Todd told me that he bought all of the remaining Schneider coins a little while back.

If the hole is not a requirement, and if a Japanese coin will suit your style and preferences, the Japanese 2 Sen coin (circa 1884-1889) is a very nice cooper coin with a beautiful dragon design on one side, and a lovely flower design on the other. It's a little "thick", but is only about 1.5mm larger in diameter than a half-dollar. I found them in VG to AU condition at my local coin shop for about $8 each. I had Todd make a couple of goodies for me using the coins... They are perfection.

Mike
<><>< SunDragon Magic ><><>

"Question Reality... Create Illusion"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Ideas of effects / patter for Chinatown half dollar (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL