The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Some fresh reviews on ol' Ormond (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Gede Nibo
View Profile
Inner circle
2447 Posts

Profile of Gede Nibo
Peace....

I am about to fork over 60 bucks for the "New encyclopedia of Stage Hypnotism," by Ormond Mcgill....Ive read a few thoughts on the book in the Café, but I am asking some views from some of our veteran mentalists/Hypnotists...if I dare put them in the same catagory!!
so any advice would be loved...to get or nor to get...

I am looking to learn some practical applications to this ever contraversial angle of hypnosis...I want to use it in formal settings. I know this can work, because whenever people are surrounded by others, whether on stage or in the living room, there is a feeling of being "on the spot," and this,methinks, is the catalyst that makes inductions of many sorts more possible...the victim is much more vulnerable to suggestion when many a eyes are looking at them...

so I'm calling on my hypnotist comrades....

thanx in advance,
BabaKali
Ken Dyne
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2268 Posts

Profile of Ken Dyne
McGill contains pretty much every basic principal of stage hypnosis. However it is very dated and many of the techniques have been improved. There are other works such as O'Connell and Royal's whos are much more up to date.

In terms of on the spot, of course it is your decisions. However I would say that a lot of practice is required to perform on the spot like this, at a moments notice. You need to seek and hone the correct skills and situations for it to work,

All the best with this,
Kennedy
MR GOLDEN BALLS 2.0: https://mentalunderground.com/product/mr-golden-balls-2-0/" target="_blank"> https://mentalunderground.com/product/passed-out-deck/

BAIRN: Named 'Best Mentalism Product Of 2014 by Marketplace of the Mind is my collection of more than 40 mentalism routines in a beautiful paperback book: http://www.mentalunderground.com/product/bairn
PaulEverson
View Profile
Regular user
137 Posts

Profile of PaulEverson
The best bit in the New encyclopedia of Stage Hypnotism is the section on hypnotising animals. Though I haven't yet found a way to incorporate the mesmerising of a lobster into my act.
shrink
View Profile
Inner circle
2609 Posts

Profile of shrink
I am toying with the idea of writing stage hypnosis book. I say toying because part of me doesn't want to release the info. However since I may not return to stage hypnosis this could happen soon. It will be a concise document on stage hypnosis. No rubbish or unworkable stuff but based on my own successful shows in the 90s. It would also cover the promotional and publicity side and material that I developed myself.
PaulEverson
View Profile
Regular user
137 Posts

Profile of PaulEverson
But will it include lobsters shrink?
Ken Dyne
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2268 Posts

Profile of Ken Dyne
Shrink, your contributions would be appreciated I'm sure.
MR GOLDEN BALLS 2.0: https://mentalunderground.com/product/mr-golden-balls-2-0/" target="_blank"> https://mentalunderground.com/product/passed-out-deck/

BAIRN: Named 'Best Mentalism Product Of 2014 by Marketplace of the Mind is my collection of more than 40 mentalism routines in a beautiful paperback book: http://www.mentalunderground.com/product/bairn
shrink
View Profile
Inner circle
2609 Posts

Profile of shrink
No lobsters but info you don't find in the usual books on the subject. Step by step process. I haven't decided yet. If I do it will include details of how I used mass trance to get publicity on the three main tv channels over here plus radio coverage and press coverage. I came up with a process using "labels" to control the audience in a way that gave me total credibility in the eyes of the media. I have never seen this info anywhere before..
Graham_Salisbury
View Profile
New user
UK
68 Posts

Profile of Graham_Salisbury
Shrink,

Any extra "workable" information on hypnosis is always valuable. I hope you find the time and the will to produce the work.

Pity about the lobsters though.
DanielLove
View Profile
Loyal user
UK
265 Posts

Profile of DanielLove
No lobsters no sale.
Squeeze a lobster or two in it Shrink and I swear you'll double your sales.
But maybe if you are really "anti-lobster" you could tip the old secret of how to hypnotize prawns... what I'd give to do that, it dons't get much more mind-bending than seeing those hyperactive little buggers just sitting there doing nothing... all tranced out, jeeze... maybe I'll just give it up now - how can you compare to that level of entertainment?

Shrink, I know you know how to do it... don't hide the real work.
shrink
View Profile
Inner circle
2609 Posts

Profile of shrink
I used to use lobsters and even prawns but could only manage an instant stooge situation.....I stopped because they blab and don't keep secrets very well.

Im am still waiting a court case where a lobster never came completely out of trance and still thinks he is a chicken.
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4179 Posts

Profile of bobser
It was actually from my friend's lobster (bobser the lobster) that I took my name for the Café.

Yours in total honesty,
Bobser.
Bob Burns is the creator of The Swan.
Gede Nibo
View Profile
Inner circle
2447 Posts

Profile of Gede Nibo
Thanx anyways......
kcalB
View Profile
Special user
Took me 16 years to make
999 Posts

Profile of kcalB
As I remember when Al Gore was running for President, I had seen him on a morning talk show and he had claimed to hypnotise chickens when he was a boy growing up on a farm.

I however have had great success with clams.
"Klaatu barada nikto"

Former Member of P.E.A.
Creator of The Clearly Q&A Board

Alumni
ECSSI
ECSSII
ECSSIII
ECSSIV
ECSSV
BizarreHauntingsI
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Some fresh reviews on ol' Ormond (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL