The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Best Device / tool / Wallet For Billet Switching? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

sbays
View Profile
Inner circle
Burbank, CA
1065 Posts

Profile of sbays
Greetings,

I really like Banachecks idea for switching Billets using his home made pad, and was wondering if anyone has any other/better tools for this? I am talking besides a TT or P**M. I heard Evildan has some good pads for this. Any suggestions?
"Opportunity may only knock once, but temptation leans on the doorbell."
procyonrising
View Profile
Special user
New York
698 Posts

Profile of procyonrising
Was it Osterlind who published the booklet that described a switch with a lighter? If so, that's probably one you'd want to look at.
RickSilmser
View Profile
Special user
869 Posts

Profile of RickSilmser
Do you really want to know the VERY best way to switch billets ? Do you want to know a completly ungimmicked method ? A method that will never, ever let you down, sbays ? Your own 10 fingers and slight of hand...it's free and you carry that ability with you no matter where you go.
Mrs.Dunninger gave me that advice...and look at who she was married to.

Annemann's Practical Mental Effects or the 13 steps to mentalism will show you the basic moves to practice...the rest is up to you.

~Rick~
ThomasBerger
View Profile
Special user
593 Posts

Profile of ThomasBerger
Or get some of the Cassidy stuff to show you what is possible with billets.

If you are looking for a multiple billet switch, his microphone switch from Principia will do it. He has an envelope switch there as well --

You collect 10 billets/business cards, seal them in the envelope, get spectator to put envelope in his breast pocket--switch is done and you are clean. Spec opens envelope and nothing is to be found.

Also, look at his Name/Place billet routine on his video.
This defies any explanation from laypeople.

Let's face it, the sleight of hand is minimal compared to coin or
card work etc.

And it's a skill you have for life.
I love the Jas Jakutsch books too, some brilliant billet work there.

Cheers.
Tom
sbays
View Profile
Inner circle
Burbank, CA
1065 Posts

Profile of sbays
LOL Yes Rick, I know 13 Steps and Practical Mental Effects quite well, and I can do all of the basic billet switches using sleights. My question however was about what tools there were out there to also accompolish this. Thanks for the advice though, as I tend to agree. I have a reason I am looking for this sort of thing. I hear Evildan has some gret walets for this. ???

Tom, I also have Cassidy's Art of Mentalism and it is superb! Thanks for the input.
"Opportunity may only knock once, but temptation leans on the doorbell."
Tom Lauten
View Profile
Special user
689 Posts

Profile of Tom Lauten
The SUC case would be a help I think. Business cards work best with it but all things are possible.
Living at and loving Loch Ness!
RickSilmser
View Profile
Special user
869 Posts

Profile of RickSilmser
Okie dokie...no worries then.

~Rick~
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Quote:
On 2005-02-12 16:56, Jordan Waller wrote:
Quote:

What if you don't have any fingers, just a stump and maybe a thumb on one of your stumps if your realy lucky. And also before a wise ass replys you also have no legs therfore no toes.

Wouldn't that also making it hard to use wallets or any other switching devices? Just asking.
Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
bitterman
View Profile
Inner circle
1189 Posts

Profile of bitterman
I can't seem to find the pad that Banachek talks about. It seems outdated for today's office stores and the ones the do carry don't really lend themselves to gaffing. Maybe I'm not thinking them through.
If you are not cheating, you are only cheating yourself.

Dutchco is about to put out some new Ebook: DUTCHCO. Get 'em while you can.
Mauricio Jaramillo
View Profile
Elite user
Colombia
413 Posts

Profile of Mauricio Jaramillo
Hey procyonrising, yes it was Osterlind who published the lighter billet switch. That's my preferred method as well.
Osiris
View Profile
Special user
610 Posts

Profile of Osiris
Quote:
On 2005-02-13 21:33, Mauricio Jaramillo wrote:
Hey procyonrising, yes it was Osterlind who published the lighter billet switch. That's my preferred method as well.

Hmmm... seems Cassidy offers one on his DVD series as well...

Rick hit the nail on the head however LEARN HOW TO USE YOUR OWN TEN FINGERS!

Though I have toyed around with some of the devices on the market I NEVER USE THEM! Yes! Banachek's portfolio pad idea is AWESOME and most likely one of the few methods I'd ever consider exploiting, if I were to have such a need. There are also a number of boxes out there (Like Larry Becker's CHAMELEON CHEST * Steven's Magic) and I believe either Viking or Collector's are putting out the old transparent billet box of Burling Hull fame (uncertain who got the rights to that from GEM Magic???)

Speaking of the old GEM MAGIC Co.... they had some awesome Q&A "devices" including a special podium from which the mentalist could work and thus gain direct insight as to what someone had composed... the lists go on and on and as has been said time and again... why are we constantly trying to reinvent the mouse trap or fix things that aren't broken?

Learn how to be resourceful and keep it as simple as possible and not dependent upon "things" and you will go far!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Best Device / tool / Wallet For Billet Switching? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL