The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A turn of the page » » Zaney Blaney Book? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Magic Nathan
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of Magic Nathan
Years ago I heard that Walter Zaney Blaney was writing a book filled with funny stories of his life as a magician. Anybody know where I could get a copy ?

What is the story of the " famous radio interview " that I've heard about ? I know everyone was making copys of the taped interview years ago but I never could get a copy of that either.

Is this story in the book?

Nathan
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Hi Nathan,

Yes Walter is writing a book but don't hold your breath. He's kept pretty busy in the shop building his Ladder Levi Illusions and the book has been a part time project for a year or two now.

Are you referring to the famous " Did you F*** her?" tape. Walter played the original for me once but there were lots of copies made and passed around years ago.

I suspect he will include it if he ever gets his book finished. I did a quick search and found this link that tells the story as well as one that I had never heard regards a rabbit. Its hilarious give it a look! Walter.....PLEASE finish that book!!!!!!

http://www.stevensmagic.com/gemini/Banac......agic.htm

Best,

Tim
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Sorry I made a url mistake.

The correct one is...

http://www.stevensmagic.com/gemini/Banac......agic.htm
Magic Nathan
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of Magic Nathan
Thanks for the link.

It was HILARIOUS. I liked the rabbit story the best.

Nathan
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Talked to Walter yesterday and the book IS on hold. He is too busy in his workshop building his illusions to work on the book for a while. This is a shame as I have read many stories from it. They are hilarious and would be of interest to magicians both pro and amateur. Aside from the funny moments in his magic career the stories of interest include meeting a fellow "magician wanna be" on a streetcar enroute to a magic show when he was a kid and remaining life long friends. That other "kid" was Mark Wilson. Then there's the story of showing his ladder levitation to a young David Copperfield in a tiny NY apartment. It would make great reading...I truly hope he gets back to it some day.

Best,

Tim
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
I have the tape. Banachek didn't quite get the story right. The second half of the incident took place at a magic convention when David introduced Walter. Sometimes Walter is a little slow remembering things, and this time was no exception. He realized in the middle of the introduction that Hoy was using exactly the same script he used on the radio broadcast.

Funny stuff, though.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
RichardIngram
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of RichardIngram
I didn't know he had been working on a book, but I would love to read his stories. He is such a wonderful and sharing person to talk to. He has a great legacy and many cool stories to share.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A turn of the page » » Zaney Blaney Book? (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL