The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » Advice flash paper in dovepan (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

entertainer05
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of entertainer05
On Monday I did a trick with my dovepan. I put in too much flash paper and showed a big flame burnt in about 3 seconds. moved back just in time.
How safe is it? How do you clean dovepan?
BSutter
View Profile
Special user
Sitting on a pile of
582 Posts

Profile of BSutter
Flash Paper should always be used in small quantities. Failure to observe this rule may produce undesired results, as you have experienced. How safe is it? It is as safe as YOU make it. Clean your pan in warm soapy water scrubbing with a rag, then rinse in clear water until soap is gone, the pan not the rag.
entertainer05
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of entertainer05
Thank you BSutter for the advice.
I know for next time.
habilo
View Profile
New user
germany
44 Posts

Profile of habilo
Try to use flash cotton, that will burn faster.
Slim Price
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 - 2006
1326 Posts

Profile of Slim Price
In all of this, no one seems to consider the dove. Gasses from flash products can poison a dove, and I will never get over the guilt of causing burns on a dove's feet!
I'm supposed to be a pro. (50 years)
Slim
sanscan@tds.net

"I will never bitter be, as long as I can laugh at me!"

"The people who were dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music"
Ross W
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1779 Posts

Profile of Ross W
I am looking for new ways of setting off flash paper in a dove pan (chick pan in my case) - see a nearby post. Very recently I put a small amount in a chick pan for a poduction of sweets. A glove puppet is on my right hand, I'm sitting on a chair next to my set up with the chick pan in front of me and the puppet. I lean over with a ballpoint pen which doubles as a lighter, and get a little too close....WHOOOOMPH! Great flash, but I concluded the rest of the act amid the faint but distinctive aroma of burnt eyebrows...

PS I'm still looking for an ignition method which doesn't involve a visible flame.
Author.
Twitter: @rosswelford
www.rosswelford.com
habilo
View Profile
New user
germany
44 Posts

Profile of habilo
Quote:
On 2005-03-10 10:23, sanscan wrote:
In all of this, no one seems to consider the dove. Gasses from flash products can poison a dove, and I will never get over the guilt of causing burns on a dove's feet!
I'm supposed to be a pro. (50 years)
Slim

i´d agree with you, if we were talking about fluids.
but as this is a fast effect, I see no way to poison a dove by using flash cotton, flash paper or pyro chips made by authorized people.
if a dove-pan is used correctly, you will not cause burns on a dove´s feet.
Slim Price
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 - 2006
1326 Posts

Profile of Slim Price
Obviously, you know best. Nevertheless, it happened just as I said.
Slim
sanscan@tds.net

"I will never bitter be, as long as I can laugh at me!"

"The people who were dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » Advice flash paper in dovepan (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL