The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Best Metal/spoon bending effects (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

bigdunk007
View Profile
Regular user
138 Posts

Profile of bigdunk007
What are peoples views on the best spoon/metal bending effect, either gimmicked or ungimmicked. I know people like Bavli do good stuff, but be specific. Take into account Value for money!

Smile
scheda
View Profile
Loyal user
Chicago, IL
287 Posts

Profile of scheda
I only have one spoon bending video, and that is Metal Bending: The Real Work by Patrik Kuffs. Excellent video, very well done, and a great teacher. I have also heard that another video if you really intend on getting into it, is Psychokinetic Silverware, I hear it's a must. They both range around $30 depending on where you get it from, I get most of my things from http://www.themagicwarehouse.com
I have nothing but positive words to say about them. They are excellent in service, and you get your stuff in like 3-4 days, they are excellent, oh yeah, and you can get Kuffs video for $25 there.
Coming soon... Who knows!
Callin
View Profile
Regular user
Portland, Oregon
123 Posts

Profile of Callin
Psychokinetic Silverware is very good. It is more than just a collection of moves and teaches a complete and expertly thought out routine. Well worth the money. Contact me if you want to know more about this or the Kuffs video. I would be happy to let you know more specifics about them.

Thanks,
Richard Green
Callin's House of Magic
The Pacific Northwest's Largest and Oldest Magic Shop. Established 1953.
Visit us at www.callinsmagic.com
Ask me about the New Jerry Andrus Movie
"A Thing of Wonder" is Available Now!
promethee
View Profile
Regular user
France
125 Posts

Profile of promethee
Try a "spoon" search on this board, there are many post on this subject.
La fleur de l'illusion produit le fruit de la realite.
Andy Leviss
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1179 Posts

Profile of Andy Leviss
This is probably one of the most FAQs on this board, so I'll be concise--get the Banachek video, skip the Kuffs, your money will have been more wisely spent IMHO.

--A
Note: I have PMs turned off; if you want to reach me, please e-mail [email]Andy.MagicCafe@DucksEcho.com[/email]!
Chad Sanborn
View Profile
Inner circle
my fingers hurt from typing,
2205 Posts

Profile of Chad Sanborn
I got the final edit of my tape today! So by the end of the month, the tape should be for sale! What does this have to do with spoon bending? I am glad you asked. Go to
http://www.themagiccorner.com
and read about Triple Threat.
Then click the link for the Optical Bend. That is the tape you should by for spoon bending. You can't beat it's visualness.

Chad
shanyuen
View Profile
New user
Indonesia
17 Posts

Profile of shanyuen
I have been searching the older threads about metal bending, but I am confused. Someone has an opinion that "Patrik Kuff the real work" discovering about spiral bending (many variation & complete) and someone said that Psychokinetic Silverware (Gary & Banachek) discover about bending metal on spectator hand.

Does Patrik Kuff discovering about how to bending metal on spectator hand?

Thanks. Smile

Some weeks ago I confuse to choose what is the most perfect in metal bending,
Patrik Kuff product (Metal Bending the real work) or Banachek product (Psychokinetic Silverware).
Then I buy BOTH. (I spent my money for comparing this)

And my result from comparing them is...
Patrik Kuff is the best of the best.
Trust me, you can do all tricks when you learn from Patrik Kuff video.

Bending or twisting/spiraling metal on your/spectator hand, plastic spoon bending, fork,.. etc.

Various method to develop your own routine.
There are no moves in the Banachek video that are not covered in the Kuff video.
After learning from Kuff I can guess what Banachek doing in his logical show.
(thanks to Callin, he is the master of comparison)

Andy Leviss advised many people to buy the Banachek video because he crash with Patrik Kuff.

You can find the topic Andy Leviss vs Patrik Kuff in this forum.

I'm just a customer,
I don't know if other tricks copyrighted by someone else.
Sorry.
Something is Moving...
~Albert Einstein~
Andy Leviss
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1179 Posts

Profile of Andy Leviss
I recommend Banachek's video for two reasons. One, because he's the originator, and two, because he teaches the finer touches that Patrik doesn't. Yes, you'll learn the moves, but you won't learn the psychology that makes them play sooooo much stronger.
Note: I have PMs turned off; if you want to reach me, please e-mail [email]Andy.MagicCafe@DucksEcho.com[/email]!
bigplumbz
View Profile
Regular user
127 Posts

Profile of bigplumbz
Got to agree with you Andy, PK silverware is better than Kuffs, I have both and Banacheck is the "top dog"
Drewmcadam
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland
1238 Posts

Profile of Drewmcadam
<<views on the best spoon / metal bending effect>>

My suggestion is that you learn everything you can, then practice to the point where you can improvise, depending on the situation. The problem with spoon bending is that the circumstances dictate what method you're going to use. I have a framework within which I work (and Banachek's tape is certainly the most useful - no question) but for me, the metal bending has to be improvised with a number of techniques depending on where, when and with whom it is being performed. And that only comes after doing it hundreds of times in dozens of situations, combining one method with another. Unlike many other mentalism effects which follow a precise path, PKMB is in a field of its own. Moreover, doing it exactly the same way, every time, dilutes the end result for the participants. It then LOOKS like an act - a trick.The choice of misderction and time-delay is also crucial - and there are, to my knowledge, no books or videos that teach this.

Best spoon / metal bending effect? Your own!
thiago
View Profile
Regular user
Brazil
179 Posts

Profile of thiago
Also check Ben Harris Gellerism Revealed and Truth About Uri Geller by James Randi
Drewmcadam
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland
1238 Posts

Profile of Drewmcadam
Thiago is right - Ben Harris's Gellerism Revealed is excellent - though Mr Geller obviously hasn't read the book because he doesn't use any of the methods in it! The article that was in a 1970's magic magazine (it's in my office so I can't remember the name of it right now, is even worse - do you really believe that to achieve some of his effects Uri had loaded spoons in canvas bags and a whacking great TV magnet in his pocket? No, neither do I.) Compared to the later booklet it's a complete embarrassment. That sounds like a criticism, but it’s not meant to be, sorry. GR is brilliant.

However, for the second choice, I'd rather read The truth about James Randi by Uri Geller! You know, with a bit of understanding a lot less professional jealousy, that pair might become good friends, given time (No, I’m not joking, David Berglass and Uri are great chums now – but it wasn’t always that way!)

Drew
PK
View Profile
Regular user
131 Posts

Profile of PK
Re: Gellereism Revealed

Drew, are you saying that Uri does not do the spoon breaking effect using the method given in the Harris book?

Kevin
sandman690
View Profile
Loyal user
230 Posts

Profile of sandman690
Hi,

I agree that Psychokinetic Silverware is the way to go. I bought it about a month ago on a trip to NC. I think the gentleman posting above by the name Chad helped me that day. While I was in the store he did a demo of his spoon bend. I will tell you this, it looked great when he presented it.

Stan Smile
theologian
View Profile
New user
italy
21 Posts

Profile of theologian
Hello,
Psychokinetic Silverware is excetional,but i also recommend The Mental bending video by Guy Bavli.
Regard to Kuff's video i can only say "save your money".
yours
theologian
Smile
markhitton
View Profile
Special user
964 Posts

Profile of markhitton
Switch to osterlind and banachek video
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
You realize that you are responding to someone who posted ten years ago???
Drewmcadam
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland
1238 Posts

Profile of Drewmcadam
Woooo... time warp! If only I were 46 again!
parmenion
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland/Zürich
3988 Posts

Profile of parmenion
Bob, he dig on lot of posts...
I think it's a troll.
“I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about.”
<BR>Oscar Wilde experimentaliste <br>
<BR>Artist pickpocket Professional
<BR>
<BR>Looking for the best book test in French? send me a PM!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Best Metal/spoon bending effects (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL