The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » Insurance question (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

FacadeTheStiltBoy
View Profile
Elite user
Greensboro NC
474 Posts

Profile of FacadeTheStiltBoy
Ok, well I'm not sure if it has been asked before, but chances are it already has been.

I'm trying to get some decent info on getting fire performer's insurance, and the closest thing that I know of is the insurance through clowns of the US, but I don't know if I can get it because I'm not really a clown.

It came up suddenly for me becuase this promoter that I have been doing buesness with for the past 6 months wants me to do fire inside their nightclub and all, and I don't think that the celing is high enough for fire effects.
Lee Darrow
View Profile
V.I.P.
Chicago, IL USA
3588 Posts

Profile of Lee Darrow
Well, frankly, the insurance issue goes both ways - you need it for your performances and the Club Owner also needs it to cover HIS backside with the Fire Marshalls. The club owner also has to check out the fire regulations and make sure that both you and he comply with the regulations.

Otherwise, the Fire Marshall can shut the club, confiscate your props and levy fines and possibly even have the prosecutor file charges against you and the club owner. Jail sucks, so make sure you follow the laws on this, please!

Lee Darrow, c.H.
http://www.leedarrow.com
<BR>"Because NICE Matters!"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » Insurance question (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL