The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Appearing a glass of ice cold bev.? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
I was studing the Raparation by John Lovick. John openned his act at the Magic Castle with magically appearing a full glass of bev with ice from under his handky. Can anyone tell me where to find and learn this trick? Thanks much in advance. Cheers!
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
Daegs
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
4291 Posts

Profile of Daegs
Lennart Green has an effect on his tapes where he rubs an empty glass with an empty cloth, and instantly there is liquid (with ice if needed) in the glass... it looks like it was filled by magic.

If you want a production(from nothing) of the glass and water, check out Osterlind's GoW production off his DVD set. I understand Barrie Ritchardson has an amazing version too, with a bonus finale
S.Segal
View Profile
Special user
San Diego
949 Posts

Profile of S.Segal
Quote:
On 2005-02-25 22:03, Daegs wrote:
I understand Barrie Ritchardson has an amazing version too, with a bonus finale

In Theater of the Mind, he teaches a nice production. In essence, a glass of liquid is produced as your remove your coat.

S.Segal
Gaft Card Magic Available here!
JC Wagner In Full Metal Jacket here!
simply Sydney DVD here!
Kevin Wade
View Profile
Loyal user
226 Posts

Profile of Kevin Wade
On the glass production I would encourage you to watch the video closely. I am not certain how John stays so dry because the glass looks pretty full. I would say this production needs to be an opener.

I am not sure how old this contact information is but it might help:

John Lovick, 4322 1/2 Sunset Drive, Los Angeles, CA 90027; (323) 666-5416; Lovemann@aol.com

I have been performing John's production of a ketchup bottle for several years. You can find it in his "Skinny Lecture Notes." I believe it holds the key to the glass production.

Kevin
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Hey Kevin, thanks for your input and John's email. I send him an email on Sat. and he repied the next day. However, he said that the appearing glass routine is his private act, and he does not sell the trick nor does he reveal where to get it. Oh well, at least I tried. I'm going to Lennart Green's and Osterlind's production as suggests by Daegs. Thanks a lot guys Smile
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Hey Kevin, thanks for your input and John's email. I send him an email on Sat. and he repied the next day. However, he said that the appearing glass routine is his private act, and he does not sell the trick nor does he reveal where to get it. Oh well, at least I tried. I'm going to Lennart Green's and Osterlind's production as suggests by Daegs. Thanks a lot guys Smile
Prof. Alexander
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of Prof. Alexander
Hi Evolve
Just wondered if you ever performed Osterlind's glass of water production and how you got on? I am thinking of performing this and have been working on it. Takes a lot of nerve - I will be doing it close up so I need to really get the misdirection right for it to work. If you or anybody else out there can give me any pointers it would be greatly appreciated.
All the best
Alex
I met this chap at the Olympics. I said to him, "Excuse me but are you a pole vaulter?" he replied "No, I'm German, but how did you know my name was Walter?"
Richard Osterlind
View Profile
V.I.P.
2213 Posts

Profile of Richard Osterlind
Quote:
On 2006-11-26 08:34, Prof. Alexander wrote:
Hi Evolve
Just wondered if you ever performed Osterlind's glass of water production and how you got on? I am thinking of performing this and have been working on it. Takes a lot of nerve - I will be doing it close up so I need to really get the misdirection right for it to work. If you or anybody else out there can give me any pointers it would be greatly appreciated.
All the best
Alex

Alex,

It might seem like it takes a lot of nerve, but if you have one person put on your watch, and the other your coat (pick someone who this will look funny on!), you will have all the misdirection you will ever need.

Richard
sleightofhand1
View Profile
Elite user
446 Posts

Profile of sleightofhand1
Wow,
help from the man himself.
awesome
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Appearing a glass of ice cold bev.? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL