The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Library Show,need some trick (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
alson
View Profile
Regular user
143 Posts

Profile of alson
Great lot of ideas . Thanks everyone this has got me going now ,and made me think of things I can with some of my magic and vent. Thanks again
Alson
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7565 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Spelling Bee can hold 7 letters. I use one in my reading show.

You can have words like "Library" and also "Reading." "Success" is also another 7 letter word. BTW, Steve Hart makes and sells a jumbo version of Spelling Bee.

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
mghia
View Profile
Veteran user
Kymystical
387 Posts

Profile of mghia
The age of the children should be considered. If you were doing spelling tricks be aware that if they are 4 or 5, they might not be able to participate the same way. They might know letters but might not be able to READ yet. So you need to inspire them but do not overly focus on effects that might require them to read something.
Like if they were all 4 and 5 I should not expect they could read the word "Success" in a trick like Spelling Bee or know the word without hearing it. I am NOT saying DON'T use the effect but choose the words wisely.
Another example is a David Ginn published effect called Lobster Cards. This requires them to read to you the next word and then spell it. This fun effect could be lost on kids that want to but can't read yet.

I suggest you always prepare that you will have a majority of younger kids. If they are early 4 and early 5 you need to tailor some effect differently than if they were late 5 (going on year 6)
magicman414
View Profile
Regular user
Oklahoma
157 Posts

Profile of magicman414
There is also a trick called ABC STUNG, And there is a trick like the stratosphere but with ABC blocks. Hope I helped.
Cameron
Cameron

Square-Circle: $59.99
Smoke Chamber: $1,299
Showing up at work with a bad hair day dressed like a clown, and your clients are 7 years old: Priceless

Some things money can't buy
For everything else there's Magster Card
magic4u02
View Profile
Eternal Order
Philadelphia, PA
15110 Posts

Profile of magic4u02
ABC Stung is also a very strong effect that plays well for libraries. The kids can relate to it and it has a very nice and clever ending.

Kyle
Kyle Peron

http://www.kylekellymagic.com

Entertainers Product Site

http://kpmagicproducts.com

Join Our Facebook Fan Page at

http://facebook.com/perondesign
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7565 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Good point about the age, Mark. I am used to performing Spelling Bee in my elementary school shows, and usually choose a student that is in grade 2 or 3 for that routine.

I also do a variation of the Lobster Cards in my holiday show, and have done it a few times with younger (preschool aged children), but I picked more mature children to help me spell the words on the chart. All they had to do was read the letters, and I "help" them if they don't recognize a letter. Most times, I am doing this in a family show at a holiday party, and tend to choose older children once again, and am prepared to "help" so they don't get put on the spot, and become embarassed.

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
Michael238
View Profile
Inner circle
1193 Posts

Profile of Michael238
Steve Taylor has a couple great tricks on his web site.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Library Show,need some trick (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL