The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » The many faces of the strait jacket (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

RickSilmser
View Profile
Special user
869 Posts

Profile of RickSilmser
Check this link out...some good stuff and some funny stuff. If you're into strait jackets (no pun intended) you'll love this site.

Click Here!

Click "return" at the bottom of the page to get to the jacket stuff...

~Rick~
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Nice site but has anyone Used http://www.mooter.com here yet for a Search Engine.
LSJ
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of LSJ
>>>To escape from a regulation hospital jacket put on with the arms interlaced and the buckles and straps tight is possible only if the performer can dis-locate at least one shoulder. The shoulder to be dislocated is that of the arm with the hand on top--you see you can interlace your arms two ways. As Houdini could dislocate either shoulder it was possi-ble for him to escape under any situation. As I can only dislocate one shoulder it is essential that I do not let the committee get my arms in the wrong position.<<<

Then get up, run a few steps and make a complete forward somersault. (In the dislocation method this somersault bump was necessary.) As the somersault is made, you let go of the grip on the sleeves which gives enough slack to throw the arms over the head.<<<

Here,according to Hardeen,they did dislocate a shoulder to escape from a straitjacket-I always thought that was/is a myth.If they did it this way,it must have been something to see-someone doing a forward somersault while in a straitjacket. Anyone currently using this method?
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5117 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
I've used a forward roll and a backward roll, during SJ. It's a nice bit. Usually I do it, riding unicycle through the audience.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Hardeen supposedly also did a roll. while doing a sj escape.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » The many faces of the strait jacket (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL