The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Better Soon then Never !? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Clinton Wayne
View Profile
Regular user
148 Posts

Profile of Clinton Wayne
Been gone for three days now and it seems like forever.

First of all, thank you again to everyone for providing me with so many answers, ideas for dressing and patter.

I am feeling nervous about my first performance as a mentalist. A member who's name I will keep private, pm'd me after I asked him advice on the show. It is a mentalist show for a library program, my daughter Katies best friend is in charge to hire, she didn't know if they could do it for my budget so I offered the first one as a freebee just for a foot in. I look at this as a Golden way to break into my new act. It will be ages 5 to grown ups, some will have seen my bigger fair show and I hope they react kindly to my mental act.

My secret Café friend said just do what I do best and not try out the mental show, but my gut is telling me to make the leap and do something totally new, a brand new show and direction, take action!

I recieved the Osterland tapes today and have never seen anything fool me this badly! Congradulations Richard and thank you, I almost didn't want to watch the explanations, I have a great idea for the center tear (pm..me)

My heart says to just go for it and I guess I am looking for a blessing from my peers to go for it! I already know the invisible deck and clippo and will have almost twelve days to make 20 more minutes in the show on March 13th at 2pm! (LOF)leap of faith.

I am interested also in some different routines you guys did for your first mentalist shows. Thanks for tips in advance. Nice to see all logged in again. I see you!! LOL

I see that many of my friends have read this post and have not commented. At first I thought, wow is somebody upset. I always try to look though at every side of the story. First I want to thank everyone for not responding it has taught me a valuable lesson in magic. On this Café I have learned in a short time patter routines and mental magic just from asking. I put my heart into the universe and have made some extrodinary friends here.

But.......... sometime's you ask, and when there is silence it is your chance to make profound decisions where answers have to just come from your heart and not from anything or anyone else at all.

I hardly slept last night, trying to think of all of my options and when I woke up I knew that doing this show as just a mentalist and none of my old magic is the only answer. Sometimes the stillest waters run the deepest, so thank you so, so much for talking amongst yourselves and chosing to let me sweat this one out on my own. I will post after the show!
Smoking Camel
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1039 Posts

Profile of Smoking Camel
Hey Clinton,

Didn't quite understand your post, but from what I got, basically in 9 days your doing your first mentalism show and as of yet you don't have a full show???

Um, If I were you, I would hold back a bit, postpone the show for may be another month and a half. Spend the first 3 weeks gathering your material, then the rest of the month scripting, rewriting and rehearsing.

Yes at some point you will have to take a leap of faith and just go for it, but you would rather be prepared and do well then get burnt.

How long have you been performing mentalism (by that I mean not just reading the books and brainstorming but actually doing small shows, perhaps close up?)
I no longer smoke camel cigarettes.
Clinton Wayne
View Profile
Regular user
148 Posts

Profile of Clinton Wayne
Matt, first, I respect your position on my show, remember though I have over 20 years plus diong magic at the professional level. Sooooo I think I can handle this one. LOL

All of the tricks I am picking are very easy, a five year old could do most, like clippo and the funny I am sending you a message did you get it? .....they say No and when you turn the board around it says No so you read their mind. Give it a try if you haven't, it is so funny.

So to answer your question, I am going to do the show in 9 days. I have received some private messages already from some of the top minds saying to go for it, granted, they knew of my extensive performing history. Ready, Aim, Fire.

Think about this statement, Tony Robbins was the one who presented it to me and it changeed my life forever. Where do you live? If you work in a bank near Washington I will lose my mind because you are then my Uncles nephew who shares the same name???? Miracles abound eh!
Photofnish
View Profile
Regular user
Issaquah, WA
140 Posts

Profile of Photofnish
Sounds like you've made up your mind, Mr. Wayne, so just follow your heart. I'm sure with your performing experience, you'll do just fine. Good luck.
*Bro*
View Profile
Loyal user
209 Posts

Profile of *Bro*
Good luck Clinton, let us know how it goes. We have your back.
kbiehler
View Profile
Regular user
165 Posts

Profile of kbiehler
Good luck with your show. I am sure you have far more experiance performing than I do, but don't be thrown when the impact you have on your audienc is so strong they just sit there and don't know how to react. It can be quite starteling when you are used to the standard reactions a magic trick can produce.Sometimes it takes them awhile to sort out all their reaction feelings. Kent
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Better Soon then Never !? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL