The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Remote Control Forgetful Freddie (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

DeWayne
View Profile
Veteran user
Greencastle, PA
361 Posts

Profile of DeWayne
I want to be away from "Freddie" when the balloon pops and his head returns.

I'm assuming I probably want a UF remote and battery powered solinoid. I guess I just need some help with a parts list and supplier. I hope I can figure out getting it all together.

Thanks! -DeW
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
DeWayne,

See if Ricker can help you. He is on the Café and PMZZ.

(Then I want to see it!)

Bob
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7665 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Don't laugh but an easy cheap remote that will probably work for the distance you are working is in a "remote control fart machine". Take it apart and you have a little remote.

Why not rig up a small music box with a thread to pull to release the clip. Mount the whole "Freddie" unit on a small thin box like affair so it looks like part of the base. Drill a small hole to run the thread through. Put the music box inside the box with an little piece of wire that protruds into the air governor to start and stop it. Leave the music comb in effect if you want a little atomsphere.
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Great idea Richard! I bet he wasn't even expecting "music" too!

Bob
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Deke Rivers
View Profile
Loyal user
216 Posts

Profile of Deke Rivers
What's inside the fart machine? Is there a physical movement (sorry, I couldn't resist)? I would assume it's completely electronic, but I don't know ...
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Maybe the Part from the Fart Machine will Bowel ( Bowl ) him over. I'm curious to I was gonna suggest maybe some fishing line to trip the switch for freddie.
andrew martin
View Profile
Veteran user
394 Posts

Profile of andrew martin
Richard
you're amazing!
magicjohn2278
View Profile
Special user
Isle of Man UK
544 Posts

Profile of magicjohn2278
As an alternative to radio remote control, it may be worth considering a time delay circuit or mechanism. (think card fountain or whatever..) Unfortunately the electronics kit that I usually make time delay switches from is designed to switch something off after a given period. The circuit requires a little altering to make it switch something on after a delay (not dificult, but you need someone who is farmiliar with these things to point you in the right direction).

Alternatively, If you do decide to go the "time-delay" route it may be easier to incorporate a musical box movement (minus the "comb" that produces the sound!). These are usually available from hobby shops and can be used to (slowly) wind up a length of cotton or whatever, eventually tripping the release mechanism.
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7665 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Alright guys..forget the fart machine use a radio controlled car....then you can toot the horn.

The fart machine has a very basic reciever and transmitter circuit that can be canibalized (without the audio) to actuate a circuit of a motor or what not.
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
DeWayne
View Profile
Veteran user
Greencastle, PA
361 Posts

Profile of DeWayne
Does a music box really have enough pull to release the head? The spring hinge puts some pressure on that baby!
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7665 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Add a spring assist to the release lever (Torsion spring). Also you must use a good music box motor. Or you could also take apart a small radio controled car and run a thread to the motor and a takeup drum.
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Remote Control Forgetful Freddie (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL