The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Let there be magic! » » Need to post video of new effect. How? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

danelwood
View Profile
New user
New Hampshire
85 Posts

Profile of danelwood
Hi Folks--

I've got an effect that I think is original. I've got Ben Harris' endorsement
since I am using Cosmosis to present it in my demo video, and that is how I have
used it in my routine.

I believe it is a highly commercial effect that will mostly interest
extreme close-up walk around magicians and street workers.

Quite simply it is a white paper origami bird that when lit produces a flash and transorms into a metallic gold bird. I have sat on it for some years now, and only in the last few weeks have been finally presenting it utilizing Cosmosis as its platform for presentation. I am sure there will be many applications for my little bird, but for now people are overwhelmingly amazed with how I am using it as a finale in my Cosmosis routine. I have shown many people the routine, completely surrounded to date and no one has been close as far as any of the methods employed.
Granted, all these performances have been for laypeople.

I have a decent 15 second Quicktime clip that shows the climax to the routine which
has the paper bird floating above a signed playing card, burning up in a flash and transforming into the gold bird. Once the user of this effect has all the required techniques and materials they will have a beautiful effect forever that they can use for pennies a performance. It is definitely high impact and leaves the spectator with all the used objects (gold bird and signed card) as a souvenir with no indication of the methods used.

It has very quickly become a pet routine of mine and I know it is an effect that leaves lasting impressions.

Soooo... I really want to be able to share my short demo video, but don't really know how to go about posting it for folks to access it.

If anyone knows an easy way for me to post it on the web so I can just give an accessible link for folks that would be great.

My intent is to make the construction techniques available to others who want to use the effect for $20 which will include one completed bird, material to construct a second bird and how to resource more materials. This will include postage.

I am calling it "Dan Stockwell's Phoenix". My original intention was to call it "Phoenix Rising" but I found that to already be taken (an excellent routine itself) and Jay Sankey has "phoenix effect" on his new DVD. Both of those are very nice flash disappearances of cards with a relocation. Whereas mine is a levitation
with a flash transformation of an object--very different.

Because my presentation involves a bird rising, then engulfed by flames only to become more beautiful, I felt the phoenix was my only real option.

Any ideas on making this quicktime clip are greatly appreciated.

Also if anyone knows of an effect like mine that I am otherwise unaware of, please respond in this string as well so that I can make sure I am not stomping on anyone's old ground.

Thanks!

Dan Stockwell
"Now watch closely!"
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
Dan,
I just saw your video. Looks great!
For those who haven't seen it yet, right click here and select "Save Target"
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Let there be magic! » » Need to post video of new effect. How? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL