The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Original Jimmy Sanders Color Changing Knives (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

fccfp
View Profile
Special user
NJ
563 Posts

Profile of fccfp
Thought this might be of interest:

A set of these knives is listed on e-bay. Bidding went to $300 pretty quickly last night. There is still a lot of time left on this auction. It will be interesting to see how high it goes.

I have no financial interest in this auction. I simply find it interesting after all the discussions we have had on CC Knives.
A.K.A. Jay The Magician
www.jaythemagician.com
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
These are very nice knives. I seen a set 40 years ago. They have the added feature of removing the black insert and making it appear back on the knife.
fccfp
View Profile
Special user
NJ
563 Posts

Profile of fccfp
Bill,
Huh?

Bruce
A.K.A. Jay The Magician
www.jaythemagician.com
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3943 Posts

Profile of Julie
Quote:
On 2005-03-10 15:23, fccfp wrote:
Bill,
Huh?

Bruce

On the solid black knife, one of the black sides is intentionally "manufactured" to be removable...
fccfp
View Profile
Special user
NJ
563 Posts

Profile of fccfp
Thanks

Bruce
A.K.A. Jay The Magician
www.jaythemagician.com
coin master
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of coin master
The knives are all good.
It's up to the performer to make it great.
Mogar is the best for the money.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
The best I had, I had a guy in a knife shop make for me, now I use Chad's FLASH DRIVES
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Quote:
On 2005-03-09 18:05, Bill Hegbli wrote:
These are very nice knives. I seen a set 40 years ago. They have the added feature of removing the black insert and making it appear back on the knife.

As an 18 year old at my first convention (1950 IBM/SAM) I saw Jimmy Sanders do this. It was a real surprise (to me!). A very commercial idea! $300!! Wow. I should have bought a set back then!
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
I've been using the same set of ED DRANES knives for years. They still look good. Right! Coin Master. The performer is always more important than the prop. (Of course, a nice looking, and working, prop can't hurt!!!)

Pete::: I guess I had better join the 21st Century. --Flash drives--hmmmm, yes.

When I "worked" at the old EdMar Magic Shop in Norfolk, in the early '50s (I was in the Navy)we sold the Ed Drane knives. They had the additional feature of being a "puzzle" knife. You couldn't open the blade, unless you knew how. The blade didn't have the customary groove to assist in opening. When questioned about the groove, Earl Edwards, shop owner, would say, "Oh, the groove is around the corner." --Huh?! It was his little shop joke. (The GROOVE was the name of a phonograph record shop, and it was around the corner!) Earl was like a second father to me. I learned so much from him. Ring 103 is now named the EARL EDWARDS RING.
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3943 Posts

Profile of Julie
Funny thing, the original routine supplied with the Edward O. Drane knives was pretty good, too! (I THINK there's a lesson here somewhere...)

Julie
Leo H
View Profile
Inner circle
1334 Posts

Profile of Leo H
I snagged an original set of the Sanders knives on a Martinka auction a few years ago. I think these are the best knives I have ever handled. The Case knives are a close second, followed by the Mogar knives. The Mogars can flash a bit if you're not careful but are otherwise excellent knives. The Sanders and Case knives are really tough to locate and very expensive, but if you can somehow manage it, do not hesitate to obtain them.
williamlitzler
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of williamlitzler
I just put a set of Jimmy Sanders Color Changing Knives on Ebay. (264710653179)
Eldini
View Profile
Regular user
Las Vegas
127 Posts

Profile of Eldini
Hi Williamlitzler,

I searched but could not find. Can you post a link?

Thanks!

Eldini
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
They have already sold. Do the search by number again, but limit the search to completed listings.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Brad Jeffers
View Profile
Veteran user
376 Posts

Profile of Brad Jeffers
HERE is a set for sale.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Original Jimmy Sanders Color Changing Knives (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL