The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Melting Coin (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jarvis
View Profile
New user
UK
27 Posts

Profile of jarvis
I need to know the name of the coin that melts in (dare I say it) the David Blane special. please help I love that effect. Smile Smile Smile
scheda
View Profile
Loyal user
Chicago, IL
287 Posts

Profile of scheda
Which Special was it on, I don't seem to recall it. But for a melting coin effect, me and a friend once made one, but never completed it. and it was pretty darn good too. Too bad he got out of magic. Smile Ok, well knowing which special it was on will help some. Oh, and please descirbe the effect a little more please, thank you.

Smile
Coming soon... Who knows!
jarvis
View Profile
New user
UK
27 Posts

Profile of jarvis
I think it is called Showman. He pours coffee over, I think it is a quarter and it melts, then runs through his fingers. It's really cool. Smile
scheda
View Profile
Loyal user
Chicago, IL
287 Posts

Profile of scheda
Was this special on tv, cause i don't recall anything like this. There was an effect on the first one where he took the homelessman's coffecup and turned the coffe to coins if that's what you mean.

Smile
jarvis
View Profile
New user
UK
27 Posts

Profile of jarvis
No it was on one of his videos I"m not sure if it featured on the special but it is on the same video where he gets frozen in ice. Let me explain the effect properly. David asks for a coin, he takes a coin from a spectater, does his switch, takes some other spectater's coffee and pours it on the coin that is is in his face up palm. The coin melts turning into a kind of mercury material that drips through his fingers. It's really cool weather you are a Blaine fan or not. Any Ideas? Smile Smile
scheda
View Profile
Loyal user
Chicago, IL
287 Posts

Profile of scheda
Nope, can't remember seeing it. But this effect could be created using various things. I'm sure other people out there know what you're talking about. Sorry I can't help. I have never heard of this effect before, it may be something he created himself. Maybe you should goto his website forum and ask there, maybe they could help. Just a little advice. Again, sorry I couldn't help here.

Smile
jarvis
View Profile
New user
UK
27 Posts

Profile of jarvis
Its a good effect, probably the only good effect on the video, I recommend you look at it if you get the chance. Oh and his snake production is pretty good to but as you say it has probably been done before. So if anyone knows any other magicians that have performed or invented these effects please let me know.
Cheers,
Iain.
Smile Smile Smile
Andy G
View Profile
Regular user
Terra Australis
180 Posts

Profile of Andy G
I was told gallium is a metal that will melt at a low temperature, so it might be a coin made of something like that. That could be completely wrong however. A friend of a friend said she met Sai Baba (no sure if that's the right name) and he put a coin in her hand, it melted leaving only a perfumed scent. She was totally blown away and thought the guy was for real.

You could make a mould from a copper coin and make some chocolate coins, you could even mix in some colouring to get the right brown for a tarnished copper appearance. The spectator would probably suspect that it was a chocolate coin however so you'd have to think carfully about how you presented the bend or melt, then maybe finish witha switch to a bent coin.
jarvis
View Profile
New user
UK
27 Posts

Profile of jarvis
its a good idea but not what Blaine used. Give it a go and let me kow what happenes.
Iain.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Melting Coin (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL