The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Any reviews for Holes by David Forrest (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

exohordon
View Profile
Regular user
162 Posts

Profile of exohordon
Saw the advert for this product at murphys.
Any reviews for it?

Three Stunning Card Effects, each involving holes.

On Holemeal:

A super visual sandwich! A signed card which was lost into the center of the deck suddenly appears between two blank cards, one of which has a hole in it, as they are waved over the deck, the spectator actually sees their card arrive through the hole! Extremely visual. Easy to do. Resets automatically. Special cards included.

Hole'd the Phone:

Any card (no force) is signed from a genuinely shuffled pack before being lost into the center of the deck. A second indifferent card has a hole punched through it. The hole is visibly removed from the indifferent card and tossed into the deck. The deck is spread and the signed card is now face up in the middle of the pack. As it is slowly pulled from the pack it is seen that the hole is now on the signed card! No special preparation, no gimmicks, and can be done with a borrowed shuffled deck. Nothing added or taken away, this one is a real stunner!

The Hole Caboodle:

A selected card is placed on top of a shot glass and a coin is handed out. The audience is challenged to get the coin into the shot glass, but it's not that easy, there are some conditions. Whether they succeed or fail, a magical solution is presented. A 'portable hole' is attached to the card, which then becomes a real, honest to goodness, hole! The coin can then be dropped through the card and into the glass. An extremely engaging, eye-popping routine that is very easy to do.
Dave Forrest
View Profile
Special user
Scotland
857 Posts

Profile of Dave Forrest
You can see a demo of the first effect, 'On Holemeal', at the website. Just click the link in my signature.

Cheers,

Dave.
runawayjag
View Profile
Inner circle
1085 Posts

Profile of runawayjag
Even though I watched the video demo and it was pretty clear how it was done, it is still a brilliant idea and a very visual effect. I have ordered one just to study the other two effects. I read so many threads on here that suggest a trick is not so good because the video demo did not fool them, but that really shouldn't be the case. I really think the demonstrated trick has strong potential for gasps from an audience of laymen.
Dave Forrest
View Profile
Special user
Scotland
857 Posts

Profile of Dave Forrest
Hi runawayjag,

You are absolutely right. Clearly, I don't expect the demo to 'fool' anyone, particularly not here at the Café but as a final phase to a sandwich routine, as suggested in the booklet, this is killer. The idea being that you ditch the Jokers or whatever you've been using as the 'bread' up until that point and take out the 'hole' cards to actually give them a chance to see their card arrive in between the two 'bread' cards. Laypeople do audibly gasp and are genuinely amazed.

Magic is for laypeople first and magicians second (or perhaps even third after animals) in my opinion. I think you'll be glad you saw past the little demo and tried this out for real people.

Thanks,

Dave.
Jaymz023
View Profile
Veteran user
Midwest
356 Posts

Profile of Jaymz023
Good point David! As long as the spectator is fooled, that's all that matters IMO

While you guys are checking out HOLES, be sure to pick up Davids "Ripped and Repaired" you will be glad you did! Also he has a great CTW that is VERY inexpensive-great value for the money. I think he has demos for these at his site somewhere.
Creator of "Re-Attached" an easy piece by piece Torn and Restored card routine.

http://www.lybrary.com/reattached-p-250.html
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Any reviews for Holes by David Forrest (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL