The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » T & R Effects Question (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jcrai
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of jcrai
I am looking for a piece by piece T & R routine. I've heard a lot of good things about Ripped and Repaired, but a lot of new T & R effects have come out recently. Which would you recommend? Thanks.
MSD921
View Profile
Special user
616 Posts

Profile of MSD921
Do a search. MANY threads on this with some great info.
McScratchy
View Profile
Regular user
Philadelphia
114 Posts

Profile of McScratchy
Hi jcrai,
It really depends on what you are looking for. I recommend you do a lot of research on this forum to find what is right for you. Don't hesitate to use the search.

I will give you a starting point:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......9&40

This thread will give you a run down of the majority of the effects out there including flash restorations as well as piece by piece.

As for my own effect UnRipped I would be happy to send you a demo video. Try to get a demo for as many of the effects as you can so you can see how much potential they have for visualness, cleanliness, logic, presentation....and so forth. It is worth your time to find one that is right for you. You may end up learning them all and then creating your own!

Happy Hunting

-Gared Crawford
Tanner
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Tanner
I have just released a version to add to the countless that are already out there. Basically, I'd say pretty much the same as Gared above. Check out all the different effects and see which ones appeal to you, and then learn them. From that you will get a feel for all the different methods and approaches, and end up with a routine that you can call your own.

Best,

T.
James Watkins
View Profile
Elite user
412 Posts

Profile of James Watkins
My version is out as well. But honestly, the video for it doesn't do it justice. It is Phoenix Rising, which is a flash restoration. If you are aiming more towards a piece by piece, check out Sean Fields' Fusion, Gared's UnRipped, a new one called Re-Attached, and Tanner's version. Smile

Later,
James
jcrai
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of jcrai
James,
I actually already own Pheonix Rising. It is a great trick with natural handling. It absolutely kills as well. Right now I'm looking for a piece by piece. I'm thinking about getting re-attached or ripped and restored, but I'm still not sure. Thanks for all of your responses.
Tanner
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Tanner
Jcrai,

Any one of the four routines James mentioned above or Zach Allen's HEAL as well would work out well for you. The Reformation is an excellent piece by piece T+R as well, in Guy Hollingworth's book.

T.
Jaymz023
View Profile
Veteran user
Midwest
356 Posts

Profile of Jaymz023
All of these are great tricks that you all have listed. I created Re-Attached actually. What I did when I started out is I bought every T&R I could find and tried to find the one that fit my performance style best. I perform my own trick most often, but I also perform UnRipped, Ripped and Restored and Reparation. Also Fusion is a great one as well. A video for Re-Atatched is right around the corner.

Im also looking forward to learning Phoenix Rising soon.....

Good luck
Creator of "Re-Attached" an easy piece by piece Torn and Restored card routine.

http://www.lybrary.com/reattached-p-250.html
James Watkins
View Profile
Elite user
412 Posts

Profile of James Watkins
Thanks for the compliment. I perform Phoenix every night, sometimes as an ender to my ACR, and it slays. As far as piece by piece, I would have to recommend so far, Fusion, and Re-Attached. As I have not learned Tanner's or Zach's quite yet. I have HEAL, and will read over it shortly, and hopefully will have Healing Touch soon. When I get them, I am going to post a review of each one. Oops, forgot about one. I have heard ALOT of good things about UnRipped as well. That one may merit a look.

Later,
James
Tanner
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Tanner
Hmmm...to further add to your choices, I just remembered Daniel Garcia's Torn...apparently this will be out sometime soon on DVD, with an updated handling. Should be something to look forward too as well.

T.
Jaymz023
View Profile
Veteran user
Midwest
356 Posts

Profile of Jaymz023
I have Torn by Garcia on video-- it has many similarities to some other T&R's...... nice routine though.

jcrai
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of jcrai
Where is Re-Attached available from?
Tanner
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Tanner
As far as I understand it, Re-Attached should be available from your local dealers. Most of the torn and restored routines mentioned above are available either online or from your local dealer, if they are pretty well stocked.

T.
timofy
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of timofy
Are you talking about Lance Ackerman's Re-Attatched because that is available from magic-notes.com
timofy
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of timofy
Very sorry about the mistake, I quickly cam back to edit it but it was to late. I meant to say Hocus-Pocus and it cost $12.95
Jaymz023
View Profile
Veteran user
Midwest
356 Posts

Profile of Jaymz023
Yup, Hocus-pocus has my effect along with many other sites. Gared gave you great advice-

I think it is best to get a few different T&R's and see which one works best for you. I always reccommend Re-Attached, UnRipped, Reparation and now, if yo ulike flash restorations, Phoenix Rising. Also, Ripped and Repaired by David Forrest is unique. I think what you will find in these 5 is they are all different. They all bring something original and different to the table. Set-ups are different, restorations are different, handlings are different. I think if you learned these ones, you will find the one that works for you. BUT, this is just my opinion. All have their own positives and negatives.

Peter Eggink
View Profile
V.I.P.
Netherlands
399 Posts

Profile of Peter Eggink
Hi Guys,

Allow me, to humbly submit my effect "Ripped-Up", into the mix.

This is a "Flash Restoration" T&R card routine. The method/principle involved has never been applied to ANY other T&R card routine out there.

"Ripped-Up" will be available at finer magic dealers worldwide, early April. With Lots of color photos, learning this effect is easy. One night easy, in fact.

Later,

Peter
https://www.deceptivedreamz.com/product-page/cash-card-by-armanujjaman-abir-peter-eggink

CA$H CARD -a brand new credit card to bill...and vice versa!
DavidKenney
View Profile
Inner circle
2178 Posts

Profile of DavidKenney
Hollingworth is God, most of us are not worthy of sitting at his feet. I know it's hard to deviate from the most popular "Miracle", but if I was to do a torn and restored card trick, I'd do Jay Sankey's "Cardboard Contortionist." It's not terribly difficult and is very effective.

Why not take the road less travelled? Good luck with whatever you decide.
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3828 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Reparation is pretty visual.
"Til Death us do part!" - Weepin Willie
Jaymz023
View Profile
Veteran user
Midwest
356 Posts

Profile of Jaymz023
I like Reparation, but the only way I have seen it look good is when Lovick performs it....

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » T & R Effects Question (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL