The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Mental epic for kids (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

laurent
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of laurent
Hi,
I've heard that some magicians perform mental Epic for kids.
Could you share your opinions,
what is the best presentation for children ?
Thanks
Laurent
drosenbe0813
View Profile
Elite user
Long Island, NY
405 Posts

Profile of drosenbe0813
As a children's entertainer (and mentalist) I would say that mental epic would probably play fairly well...except.....that any children under the age of 13 won't 'get' it. I do a routine where my rabbit predicts the outcome of a choice made by various audience volunteers. While the prediction aspect of the presentation is good, its all the byplay with the audience (I get about 10 minutes out of this routine)that the kids remember. The adults in the crowd are amazed, but the kids probably don't care less.
laurent
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of laurent
Thanks for you answer
but could you tell me more.
When you pick up a child, you want him to think about what ?
It may be different with adults ?
Thanks for your opinion
Canadian Guy
View Profile
Regular user
California
149 Posts

Profile of Canadian Guy
I write something down and ask the kid to try and read my mind. So it works like the one-ahead principle but the child is the magician.
i.e - I write down the final force (jack of spades) then tell the kid that I just wrote down a cartoon character - who do you think it was. They say whomever (say sponge bob) and then I write that on another paper. Do this 3 or 4 times each time asking the KIDS to read your mind. It works great!!
The Gentleman
View Profile
Regular user
SCOTCHLAND
102 Posts

Profile of The Gentleman
Wait, kids actually watch Spongebob? I thought it was designed solely for stoned teenagers!

Seriously, though: When showing friends-of-friends, whom often have kids, Canadian Guy's way is often better, presentation-wise: Let them have the limelight.
Clinton Wayne
View Profile
Regular user
148 Posts

Profile of Clinton Wayne
You guys don't know how happy I am to kno that yuo perform as a mentalist for kids! I have had some people private me to say don't do this mental stuff for kids as my first show is this mondy at the library. Just what you said about it dronsenbe0813 sounds like the perfect one for my show. If there are some other routines that you can let me use please pravite message me how OK, thank you. For kids do you call yourself a mentalist or funner name?
laurent
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of laurent
Thanks Canadian Guy for the great idea..
Canadian Guy
View Profile
Regular user
California
149 Posts

Profile of Canadian Guy
You got it!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Mental epic for kids (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL