The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Requesting a Review for a few Ellusionists Products (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

aagrawal_2000
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of aagrawal_2000
I was wondering whether anyone knew whether the new Crash Course in card magic was any good. Also, what did you think of Ninja 2? If you didn't like these videos, why or why not? What other books/videos would you recommend?

Thanks for any replies.
techneeqs
View Profile
Regular user
Ontario, Canada
105 Posts

Profile of techneeqs
Hi aagrawal

email me at shaun@techemail.com and ask any questinos you have about those vids. I've seen them all and I can maybe help you out to see if there right for you.

Thanks
JJP161
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
509 Posts

Profile of JJP161
I have all of the Ellusionist tapes and so far the ones I have seen have been great. I have been doing magic for over 20 years now and these are my favorite videos yet. Brad Christian is not only a great magician, but a fantastic teacher as well. He makes it entertaining and easy to learn some great magic. Here is a review of the tapes I have seen so far.

Street Magic - So far this is my favorite tape, lots of great material. I have watched it over and over and each time I pick up some new stuff. Brad not only teaches how to do the effects and sleights well but also teaches showmanship and presentation. Which is what makes a good effect, great magic to a lay person.

King Rising - A great tape taught by Corey King the originator of the King Rising, this is fantastic. Looks like real magic. Way under priced at $17.00.

Crash Course - A great tape, again Brad is a great teacher. Starts out with some basic sleights and show you how to turn them into some fantastic effects. More on presentation as well. Highly recommended.

Ninja 1 and 2 - Haven't got to these yet but will post a review when I do. Will probably be a while because I want to master Crash Course before moving on. Though I have no doubt that they will be great.

As for other video's I have that I would recommend.

Martin's Close-up Miracles - Martin Lewis
A great DVD, and another one of my favorites. Lots of great material and as with most of Martin Lewis's material it very direct and get's a great reaction. You also don't need to be a sleight of hand expert to look like a great magician. You can't go wrong with any of Martin Lewis's stuff.

Undivided - Martin Lewis - Another fantastic effect and great tape.

Roger Klause's Ultimate Slow Motion Bill Transposition - This one I carry with me at all times. Really fries people. The magic happens right in their hands.

Johnny Thompson Commercial Classics 1-4. Again some of my favorite tapes. A great magician and a great teacher. Lots of this is directly out of his routine. The Card Stab, Coin in the Bottle, and Automatic Aces are unbelievable effects.

Sankey-Tized I + II - Jay Sankey
You can't go wrong with Jay Sankey, another great in magic. A very good teacher and very entertaining tapes. Advertised as the close-up miracles of Jay Sankey and they are just that.

Again the Ellusionist tapes are my favorite but all of these tapes are very close in that regard. I have watched them all repeatedly.

I hope this helps out, if you have questions let me know.
Corey K
View Profile
Special user
Rhode Island
502 Posts

Profile of Corey K
Just wanted to say that I don't teach the King Rising on the tape, Brad does that part. I'm just the guy that created it!

-Corey
Corey King
Rod Lages
View Profile
Loyal user
Brasilia, Brazil
250 Posts

Profile of Rod Lages
I got Ninja 1 and 2 from Ellusionist and they are ok. Good stuff and Brad teach the pass very well, in case you don´t know it yet. Lots of variations.

Best Regards,
Rod Lages

By the way,
Ammar´s videos are great (Card Miracles) and the new Bill Malone Video (On the Loose). Great stuff.

Rod Lages
"Confusion isn't Magic" - Dai Vernon
JJP161
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
509 Posts

Profile of JJP161
Sorry Corey King, I didn't mean to get that wrong I was tired. Thanks for the correction and thanks for the great levitation. Look forward to seeing more from you in the future.
MrHonesty
View Profile
New user
USA
52 Posts

Profile of MrHonesty
I just got Crash Course. It was exactly what I was looking for. It teaches you a few false shuffle techiques and also some other basics of card control. I tried reading to learn these but found the visual presentation much easier. If that is what you are looking for then you would probably like this vid.

Andy
dynamiteassasin
View Profile
Inner circle
Naval Air Facility, Atsugi, Japan
1158 Posts

Profile of dynamiteassasin
All ellusionist videos are great! Trust me on this. I have it all! Smile
marcus2
View Profile
New user
uk
78 Posts

Profile of marcus2
I also have all his dvd's, Brad Christian has a habit of not giving credits, His Explanation on the pass in NINJA 1 is Terrible, Again very little credits, He tends to rush when its time to explaining, His prices are also too high for repeat tricks & sleights!
Close.Up.Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you!
2957 Posts

Profile of Close.Up.Dave
They're all bad. The only things on there that are good I think are King Rising (even though I don't do levitations, it's very cleverly designed), and the revolution coin vanish (though I don't think it's worth $20). They sell good stuff in the store, but they aren't ellusionist products.
dynamiteassasin
View Profile
Inner circle
1158 Posts

Check out the search column in the Café.. people disagree with me on ellusionist products so need not I say more.. I might pick a fight here or something... Smile
Threee
View Profile
New user
Toronto, ON, Canada
18 Posts

Profile of Threee
I got Street Magic from Ellusionist and was very disapointed. There is like only 1 street affect others either need dupes, loads or a table to perform. Many of the tricks are just re-named classics. This video was way overpriced. I have also heard very negative comments about the rest of the products. I did however like king rising gj corey king.
------------------------------------
Threee.Period
mormonyoyoman
View Profile
Inner circle
I dug 5,000 postholes, but I have only
2440 Posts

Profile of mormonyoyoman
Quote:
On 2004-07-20 18:59, Threee wrote:
I got Street Magic from Ellusionist and was very disapointed. There is like only 1 street affect others either need dupes, loads or a table to perform. Many of the tricks are just re-named classics. This video was way overpriced. I have also heard very negative comments about the rest of the products. I did however like king rising gj corey king.

I think you may be confusing "street magic" with "hit and run magic." Street magic uses tables all the time -- the Shell Game and the Cups & Balls have been a mainstay of street magic for centuries, to use two examples.
#ShareGoodness #ldsconf

--Grandpa Chet
dynamiteassasin
View Profile
Inner circle
1158 Posts

Most people here in the Café mistake Street Magic as Strolling Magic. Ofcourse Street Magic requires tables.

The Crash Course Series of ellusionist are very good. Ninja 1 & 2 are more in depth videos. Brad is more intimate in these videos. When you watch it, you feel it's like a one on one session, very great! Smile
Full Effect
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles
257 Posts

Profile of Full Effect
Quote:
On 2004-08-01 00:39, dynamiteassasin wrote:
Most people here in the Café mistake Street Magic as Strolling Magic. Ofcourse Street Magic requires tables.

No just newbies that havent been doing magic long make this mistake.

The only difference between "STREET MAGIC" and "STROLLING MAGIC" is the enviornment PERIOD.

Like anything else there are effects you can do "on the streets" AND in resturants.
Same with stage magic (not big illusions), very few but there are some.

all this "if you need a table its "strolling or its not street" is bull sh*t. What if someone on the street is sitting at a table.

Another thing... the material from ellusionist is amatuer. If you want the REAL work go to the ORIGINAL SOURCE. get your self a book and save yourself the embarassment because if you are ever in S.Cali and tell other magicians you learned from ellusionist WE WILL POINT AND LAUGH AT YOU.
"Running water never becomes stale, so keep flowing" - Immortal Dragon Bruce Lee
Chris Berry
View Profile
Special user
831 Posts

Profile of Chris Berry
Quote:
On 2004-08-01 04:01, Full Effect wrote:
....if you are ever in S.Cali and tell other magicians you learned from ellusionist WE WILL POINT AND LAUGH AT YOU.

Yeah..that's pretty much what is gonna happen Smile

Chris
zur
View Profile
Special user
California
671 Posts

Profile of zur
Quote:
On 2002-09-27 21:27, JJP161 wrote:
I have all of the Ellusionist tapes and so far the ones I have seen have been great. I have been doing magic for over 20 years now and these are my favorite videos yet. Brad Christian is not only a great magician, but a fantastic teacher as well. He makes it entertaining and easy to learn some great magic. Here is a review of the tapes I have seen so far.

Street Magic - So far this is my favorite tape, lots of great material. I have watched it over and over and each time I pick up some new stuff. Brad not only teaches how to do the effects and sleights well but also teaches showmanship and presentation. Which is what makes a good effect, great magic to a lay person.

King Rising - A great tape taught by Corey King the originator of the King Rising, this is fantastic. Looks like real magic. Way under priced at $17.00.

Crash Course - A great tape, again Brad is a great teacher. Starts out with some basic sleights and show you how to turn them into some fantastic effects. More on presentation as well. Highly recommended.

Ninja 1 and 2 - Haven't got to these yet but will post a review when I do. Will probably be a while because I want to master Crash Course before moving on. Though I have no doubt that they will be great.

As for other video's I have that I would recommend.

Martin's Close-up Miracles - Martin Lewis
A great DVD, and another one of my favorites. Lots of great material and as with most of Martin Lewis's material it very direct and get's a great reaction. You also don't need to be a sleight of hand expert to look like a great magician. You can't go wrong with any of Martin Lewis's stuff.

Undivided - Martin Lewis - Another fantastic effect and great tape.

Roger Klause's Ultimate Slow Motion Bill Transposition - This one I carry with me at all times. Really fries people. The magic happens right in their hands.

Johnny Thompson Commercial Classics 1-4. Again some of my favorite tapes. A great magician and a great teacher. Lots of this is directly out of his routine. The Card Stab, Coin in the Bottle, and Automatic Aces are unbelievable effects.

Sankey-Tized I + II - Jay Sankey
You can't go wrong with Jay Sankey, another great in magic. A very good teacher and very entertaining tapes. Advertised as the close-up miracles of Jay Sankey and they are just that.

Again the Ellusionist tapes are my favorite but all of these tapes are very close in that regard. I have watched them all repeatedly.

I hope this helps out, if you have questions let me know.

zur
View Profile
Special user
California
671 Posts

Profile of zur
I accidently did a google search and found a post reply forum so that's what happened.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Requesting a Review for a few Ellusionists Products (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL