The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » sorry for incorrect email address (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1493 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
In my profile I had typed the incorrect email address, I have corrected it now. Sorry for all those trying to reach me directly.
regards

Ian McColl
x-treem
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of x-treem
Wow Trunk8, nice to see a picture of you. Put a face with the name.

Last one I saw was from Escapism, only a few years ago I know. Smile

X
A direct from text adaptation : The Strange Case Of Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde Starring Mickey Rooney in his final role.
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1493 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Hi Shawn, you gave me the idea to put my photo up. I thought I better look like I know what I am doing with a computer so there it is. A happy snap from the workshop bench.

Back in Escapism days, I had hair.
x-treem
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of x-treem
I actually needed a lot of help to get my pix up.

The hair was very curly then to, if I remember.

Look at it this way, you are almost twenty years my senior and we have the same amount of hair. Smile
A direct from text adaptation : The Strange Case Of Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde Starring Mickey Rooney in his final role.
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1493 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Gee the issue of Escapism and the copy with my picture was back when I was 21. Yes curly hair back then, actually I would have the same but only on the sides so I keep it short so it is not so noticeable. Harder to hide picks in though.

Have you got a copy of Alex Nichols (UK) new book on handcuffs?
Margarette
View Profile
Special user
Memphis area
956 Posts

Profile of Margarette
Hide picks in the hair? Hmmmmm...I wonder how many I'd be able to hide! Smile

Margarette
The only stupid question is the one not asked.
x-treem
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of x-treem
No, I have not had the chance to get the book as of yet. I was going to email A. R. and see if it was going to be sold at the Houdini Museum along with his other one but I've been a bum and have not asked yet. I've heard it is very good. If it is anything like the booklet I can not wait to pick it up.

On the other hand, I did pick up two manuscripts by some guy, I think his name was Ian McColl or something like that. Smile

They are both excellent, I only got one read before they were swiped by Tim. I'm sure they'll come back to me one day for another read.

I had wondered why they weren't promoted more, then realised that with the given information it was probably wise not to and continue the word of mouth approach.

I use the lack of hair (I shaved it in support of Tim's cancer and just left it that way) as a joke when escaping.

After being searched I ask the person to check my hair to make sure there are no picks. They usually extend a hand to the head before they put 2 and 2 together and that gets a good laugh.

Despite my age I was one of the last people to learn under locksmith and handcuff collector Dick Norman. I learned a lot about my "idol" Prynce E. Wheeler from him. Maybe some day I can talk the families into letting me write a book about the two friends. I do not believe it will sell, which is the reason I'm not pursuing it yet.
X
DavidEscapes
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Special!
1003 Posts

Profile of DavidEscapes
Hi all

How about hiding the picks in the nose? No joke. I have been working on the human blockhead and can now get a 5mm wide 4 inch nail in there with ease and comfort. Surely a pick or a modified key would fit no trouble. I doubt a shim would be wise though, those things can be pretty sharp.

I might just try it now. Smile

Duncan
David Victor - The artist formally (and still occasionally) known as David Straitjacket.

My Website
Add me on facebook
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1493 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
The Blockhead act works, I have seen a video of it by a great friend of mine. An excellent effect for the right audience who see the pick being removed.

A 4 inch long handcuff pick! Nicely concealed. Metal detector missed it completely.

Ian
x-treem
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of x-treem
YIKES! And I thought my glasses arm up the nose was messed. Ya'll take the cake on that one. Smile
Scott Xavier
View Profile
Inner circle
3672 Posts

Profile of Scott Xavier
trunk8, glad to see all escape artists aren't as ugly as some I know.

Joking X
x-treem
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of x-treem
Or want to be mentalists. Back at ya. Smile

I have a face made for radio is my usual reply.

Ian, I picked up the EA dictionary, I like it.
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1493 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Dr Zodiac, I must correct you, I am an escape enthusiast not a performing escape artist. I haven't got that part of the personality which makes one comfortable in front of an audience. However, I do escapes in the privacy of my workshop where I build and design equipment and make many different types of handcuffs either reproductions or customized pieces.

As for my looks, that is what Darwin's theory came up with at 1:30 AM on the day I was born.

Dear X-treem, glad you picked a copy of the EAD. 22 years ago I was getting confused by certain terms used by certain people in different countries. I thought this would iron out some of terms.

Thanks
Ian
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » sorry for incorrect email address (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL