The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Rudy Hunter's DVDs (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Close.Up.Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you!
2956 Posts

Profile of Close.Up.Dave
Quote:
On 2005-03-15 16:27, Steve Oxford wrote:
On discussion boards, which are for discussing things, far too often I see people visciously attacking others, and often before they have seen or read an item. I have personally asked a couple of people about this and found that many times it comes from people that are too young to know much of history at all. I was always taught if you can't say something nice, then don't say anything at all.

I was also taught it's better to be assumed a moron than to open your mouth and prove it. To assume that all young people don't know something due to their age is a very ignorant way to think. I may be young but that doesn't mean that I or others haven't taken the time to read all that we can on magic. Cameron Roat (a Café member) is probably as old as I am if not younger, yet mention anything about magic and he'll immediately start discussing where the moves first appeared, the author, etc. Does this mean all magicians older than he are automatically smarter? There's a 17 year old (German I think) who hacked into the U.S. Governement database. She's getting hired more now in a month because of her intelligence than most of the "older more experienced" computer geeks (and I mean that lightly) do in an entire year.

You're right, discussion boards are made to discuss things, but who says that all discussions have to be pleasant? Going out and attacking others for no reason isn't called for, if someone does something to diserve it then I say attack. Stealing other's magic isn't right nor is assuming that someone is stupid.

"That's what the internet is for, Slandering others anonymously. Stopping the flick isn't gonna stop that."
-Banky (Jay And Silent Bob Strike Back)

Steve Oxford, I think this thread is proof that older people aren't necessarily the smartest. Your beloved Rudy Hunter is more than twice my age, yet he doesn't seem to act it.

Dave (sorry if I'm too young too know magic's history)
Magic Marty
View Profile
New user
Illinois
80 Posts

Profile of Magic Marty
Dave, I couldn't agree with you more on this one. Too many times young magicians haven't been given the respect they deserve because they are too young. There are many talented young magicians out there. Just because you haven't lived through "the history" doesn't mean that you can't learn about it. Many young magicians take magic more seriously than adults (I being one of them), so it is not fair to say that we are ignorant.

And I'm not here to personally attack anyone, just to get the attention and respect I deserve.
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
Quote:
Mike Skinner's Ultimate 3 Card Monte to name one was stolen by MM

Is it really M Skinner's or does the gaff date way back? Perhaps I don't know enough history.
Yours,

Ivan
entity
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
5060 Posts

Profile of entity
Nik is correct. The touches Rudy shows are ones he learned from the late Willis Kenny of Toronto. Willis was, in his earlier years, a professional card cheat in lumber camps, mining towns, etc. Friends with Vernon, Miller, etc.

- entity
BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
America’s North Coast, Ohio
3176 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
I just got the total Control and Hunter shuffle, and although Total control is fairly interesting, and another of a series of card location tools. A crimp or thick card, or any number of other approaches would provide similar benefits, but it is workable.

On the other hand, the Hunter shuffle must have been intended to be a joke. It is hardly more deceiving, in fact his handling, in my mind cries out "sneakey move at work now" right when he is doing the dirty work.

He may be a nice guy, or not, I don't know, but I should have been warned by the fact that it was offered/produced by magicmakers.

If I hadnt gotten it really cheap, I would feel really ripped off. As it is, it was definitely a dissapointment.

BroDavid
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
thejohn171
View Profile
New user
Elsewhere
34 Posts

Profile of thejohn171
Well, My opinion...

I think Rudy is a stellar guy/performer/mentalist etc. Everything he has done whenever I saw him, was credited. I think Total Control is absalutly amazing. I use it a lot and its one of those things that your not iritated once you find out the secret because of its simplicity. Its just its one of those "WHY didn't I THINK OF THAT" moments. On to the controversial Hunter Shuflle (No its not a new dance move.) ((sorry rudy, I stole your joke lol) but anyway. I think its extremely well tought, doesn't scream anything... JUst looks like.. cut cut cut. And he has credited it whenever I saw it tought. Just my humble opinion.

john
ryan8406
View Profile
New user
Elkton, Maryland
88 Posts

Profile of ryan8406
I recently had the honor to see rudy hunter lecture at the funarama convention. I purchased his hunter shuffle, money making card tricks, and draw me a tree dvds. in my opinion they were excellent dvd's and rudy is an excellent instructor. rudy and paul hallas even stayed up until about 2am just sitting around a table performing for myself and a few others. he was willing to take the time to help us out and has a great sense of humor. I highly suggest you check out the money making card tricks dvd if you havent already.
eddini
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of eddini
I have his ESP DVD and Deck from Magic Makers, and I didn't care for them. The routines are more for beginners. Also my set did not have a blue set of the 5 colors. Some routines are based on them being unique in color not just shape. Out of 1 to 10, I'll give it a 3 only because the cards are great quality being bicycles of course plus there are a couple other extra shapes. I have a great set of ESP cards, but got the DVD hoping to learn some great material.

Ed [Eddini]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Rudy Hunter's DVDs (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL