The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Nick Trost's Packet Tricks (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
MikeMgc
View Profile
Regular user
180 Posts

Profile of MikeMgc
I don't have an issue with Packet tricks, generally I find that spectators are generally even more amazed given that their are fewer cards in play. Also Packet Tricks by their nature are more visual.

I think what is key is how you introduce the packet trick, this stops the Spectator automatically assuming tricky cards.
MikeMgc
View Profile
Regular user
180 Posts

Profile of MikeMgc
I also love Dealers Choice, this is a great gambling effect.

I have added some extra subtleties to this as I dislike the count at the beginning.
MikeMgc
View Profile
Regular user
180 Posts

Profile of MikeMgc
I also perform Australian Aces as part of my Gambling and Monte set and this is one effect that prior spectators keep talking about. Its insanely visual and the displays are very fair.
MikeMgc
View Profile
Regular user
180 Posts

Profile of MikeMgc
I also like the look of Maxi Twisto.
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1579 Posts

Profile of Jared
Some of Nick Trost's best packet tricks can be found in his Subtle Card Creations book series. Several standouts that I've been performing regularly include: Hokey Poker, Razzle Dazzle, Trix Cards, and Card Cloning. Take the time to learn these effects and you'll be richly rewarded.
EndersGame
View Profile
Inner circle
Reviewer EndersGame
2198 Posts

Profile of EndersGame
Quite a number of the packet tricks produced by L&L Publishing (4 Flush, Australian Aces, The Unknown Card, Horsin' Around, Bigfoot, Mississippi Monte, Dealer's Choice, Maxi Twisto, Super Showdown) were originally published in Nick Trost's books. I'm trying to source which books these can be found in, and here's the list I have so far:

4 Flush - Subtle Card Creations #2 (p.530)
Australian Aces - Subtle Card Creations #1 (p.204)
Horsin' Around - Subtle Card Creations #2 (p.542)
Bigfoot - Subtle Card Creations #1 (p.211)
Dealer's Choice - Subtle Card Creations #3 (p.800)
Maxi Twisto - The Card Magic of Nick Trost (p.222)
Super Showdown - Subtle Card Creations #1 (p.164)

Does anyone know if the remaining two were also published in any of Nick Trost's books?
The Unknown Card - ???
Mississippi Monte - ???
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Nick Trost's Packet Tricks (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL