The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Sideshow School (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Michael J. Douglas
View Profile
Inner circle
WV, USA
1645 Posts

Profile of Michael J. Douglas
For anybody interested-

SIDESHOW SCHOOL
IN NOVEMBER AT SIDESHOWS BY THE SEASHORE!
Have you ever dreamed of running away with the circus? Did anyone ever call you a freak? Well, now’s your chance to become one! Coney Island USA is proud to announce its latest program- SIDESHOW SCHOOL! Work with some of the greatest talents in the business to learn the ins and outs of the working acts of the sideshow- Fire Eating, Snake Charming, The Human Blockhead, Sword Swallowing, Magic and More!!

All students will be offered performance time on stage and will be required to sign a "hold harmless" agreement before taking any classes.

November 15th,16th and17th
November 22nd, 23rd and 24th
Cost is $600
Michael J.
�Believe then, if you please, that I can do strange things.� --from Shakespeare�s �As You Like It�
Missing_Link
View Profile
Elite user
442 Posts

Profile of Missing_Link
If I was over the pond, I would be there. But I'm not. So I won't.

However, read more about it at the Conney Island website: http://www.coneyisland.com

ML
Smile
Mina
View Profile
Regular user
Toronto Canada
101 Posts

Profile of Mina
I could not afford to make it this time around,but I ll get there Oh yes I will!:)
OMG Did someone say Richard Sanders!?
DeadRinger
View Profile
New user
long island
55 Posts

Profile of DeadRinger
I saw an article on this in Newsday here in New York, pretty cool.. when's the next one?
*POOF*
Dark illusionist
View Profile
Loyal user
pough town new york
253 Posts

Profile of Dark illusionist
hmmm, I would like to read that article some time. Please post a link if it's been published online. I met with Todd Robbins once and he said that they were doing it again in the spring. I'm hopeing I can go but transportation will be difficult

:bat:Jonathan
Check out my brand new website:

www.ovationmagic.cjb.net

if you like it sign the guest book, if you realy like it then realy sign the guest book. If you hate it then go away.
Addy
View Profile
Loyal user
NY
243 Posts

Profile of Addy
Hi, This is kind of an old topic but I went to the sideshow school. The Newsday article was mostly about me. It was a great experience and I learned tons. I'm currently putting the finishing touches on a full routine and hope to begin performing by the summer. Smile
Ellen Kotzin
View Profile
Loyal user
UPSTATE, NY
280 Posts

Profile of Ellen Kotzin
What kind of things did you learn Addy and what was that thing you had to sign for?

Ellen
harryandersonfan.com
Addy
View Profile
Loyal user
NY
243 Posts

Profile of Addy
Ellen,
Almost all of the classic sideshow acts were taught. Sword swallowing, human blockhead, bed of nails, fire eating, hand in animal trap, glass walking. It was truly an excellent class. Todd Robbins taught it and I would absolutely reccomend it to anyone interested. We had to sign an agreement that says that if we get hurt we can't sue Coney Island USA. Thankfully, no one got hurt. But you could... Smile
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2922 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
I hate it when people bring back old threads.

By the way, the next session of Sideshow School is coming up. It will be taught by Adam Rinn. Great stuff.
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3609 Posts

Profile of Kondini
$600 ! Is that all you can afford to pay me for comeing ?

Cheap *******s
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2922 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
No, you silly English goose! The students pay Coney Island $600 to come to the school. Coney Island doesn't pay them. And it is $600 to make it affordable to those that are serious and really want to learn the basics of some sideshow skills and too expensive for those with only a casual interest in this stuff.

For you, it would cost $700.
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3609 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Smile
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell because I've made
2582 Posts

Profile of thegreatnippulini
Quote:
On 2009-11-04 09:51, Todd Robbins wrote:
I hate it when people bring back old threads.

Seems to be the theme here lately
The Great Nippulini: body piercer, Guinness World Record holder, blacksmith and man with The World's Strongest Nipples! Does the WORLD care? We shall see...
http://www.greatnippulini.com
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5117 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
My next classes will be in June, for those who are really serious.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
Addy
View Profile
Loyal user
NY
243 Posts

Profile of Addy
Actually, the price went up to $750, I believe...Which is still a great price to pay for such a wealth of hands on information. Unfortunately, we had to cancel the session that was set to begin this week.
Gosh, all this bad news, who brought back this old thread?
We're currently in the process of setting up Spring dates.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18036 Posts

Profile of Slim King
So the school has been going for seven years now?
Lot's of graduates Sideshowing around the country? Smile
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Rotten
View Profile
Special user
829 Posts

Profile of Rotten
Is there a special rate for someone that knows all the basics (and more) and just wants to sit in?
Michael K
View Profile
Loyal user
Hazleton, PA
249 Posts

Profile of Michael K
Actually yes. I'm an alumni and I do perform many of the stunts that I learned with Todd Robbins at Sideshows by the Seashore. And I am very lucky to have also studied with Harley Newman who really helped me with performing those stunts and learning some new ones too.

Michael
Professor Fountain
http://www.ProfessorFountain.com

Quote:
On 2009-11-04 22:50, Psychic Samurai wrote:
So the school has been going for seven years now?
Lot's of graduates Sideshowing around the country? Smile
Addy
View Profile
Loyal user
NY
243 Posts

Profile of Addy
Rotten,
You'd have to contact the office at info@coneyisland.com for special rates. I'm not sure. If you do know the basics and are comfortable doing the acts, then Harley's session might be more beneficial to you. He works on presentation. At CI's school we teach you how the feats are accomplished and work with you so that you are comfortable doing them.
Hope this was helpful. If you want more info, PM me.
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5117 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
I work on psych, technique, and presentation. There's an approach, that I want my students to learn, that makes them better onstage, and knowledgeable stunt performers.

To date, almost all of my students have been working professionals.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Sideshow School (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL