The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » The Wind Up & The Pitch (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Thanks Doc Midnight...actually the baby Sea Dragon (Serpent) listed is not pictured...I think what you saw is the Atomic Eel...BUT funny you should mention that...as last night Vince Carmen called from his Houdini Dinner Theater in Florida and in the ensuing BS he said the Baby Sea Serpent I had made him years ago was the hit of his little museum at his place. (I had made him numerous things over the years)...but your mention is the 3rd time someone mentioned the Sea Dragon in the past week after MANY years of my not hearing about it. (The 1st mention was in a BIG order from Switzerland on Monday. Weird.)

And thanks Doc...I'm coming up with a killer Pygmy 'zibit (in between doing all the other 'zibits and Dark Museums...things are cookin' here!) that I'll put a picture of on line when done.

Doug
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
drwilson
View Profile
Inner circle
Bar Harbor, ME
2191 Posts

Profile of drwilson
Zack,

Here's the arrangement with the mitt readers (actually, none of them does palm readings except for the Fortune Telling Fish gag). One of them is my wife. That's a pretty complicated arrangement. If you're not married, have a married friend explain it to you. The rest of them are friends from the community that I know I can trust with the cash box. One is a photographer, one is a graphic designer active in the SCA, one that I used two years ago is an administrator. They all have the gypsy fantasy and do it well. One was surprised when I said I would pay her; she was willing to do it on a lark, but I'd rather pay them and have them take it seriously. The pay is $100 for a day's work. That's not great pay for a magician, and if we could do real palm readings at $5 a pop or so, they'd get more, but so far, they have been happy with it and ask if there will be other opportunities.

And I PM'ed Doug, but for the rest of you, think about the situation. You've talked a bunch of people into the tent. They thought it might be a shabby little rip-off, but they got an historical lecture and then saw a genuine piece of American History - the mummified remains of an extinct species - a much better show than they expected. Now they are pre-qualified. They have gotten to know me, more than money has changed hands. Now that we trust each other, are they ready to see something really weird for only a little extra money?

Yours,

Paul
Zack
View Profile
Special user
553 Posts

Profile of Zack
Quote:
One was surprised when I said I would pay her; she was willing to do it on a lark,

I love it. People are delighted to be part of a magic act!
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Doc you are ON TARGET!

And generous too! A Hundred bucks a day to your helpers...you're the best my friend.

Doug
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
sharpie
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of sharpie
A trip to venice beach can help improve busking and performing skills

but my favorite is a shirt that says give me some money
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » The Wind Up & The Pitch (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL